Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Help with case 1845

superbaseball25 · 2023-08-04 21:05

Hello all, I recently bought 2 case 1845 skid steers. I bought the machines from out of state sight unseen from a friend of a friend. The machines are in way worse condition than I expected. Both have the case gas 159 engine. I didn’t even know case made gas engines. There are wires everywhere and honestly I don’t even know where to start to get one of them going. I paid 5k total for the machines and also have $1400 into getting them shipped. Do y’all think it is worth putting the time in to get one going to use on my property? I like working on things and I’m sure I’ll learn alot working on them. Are they good machines once running? Thanks in advance for any help.

Replies4
  1. #1funwithfuel2023-08-04 22:38

    I remember the 1845 being diesel, but it was a looong time ago. I do remember them being much more stable that Clarks Bobcat back then. I also remember them not having parallel linkage where you would dump the bucket on your head if you weren't paying attention. A little challenging to side load a full size 6 wheeler.

  2. #2kshansen2023-08-05 08:36

    There were both diesel and gas engine versions of the 1845. I do have parts and owners manuals on them. But no service manuals, so not a lot of help with the wiring!

  3. #3kshansen2023-08-05 08:41

    Here's just a little bit I found online:

  4. #4kshansen2023-08-05 08:46

    If this link works it should connect you with an online parts book. Not sure if it is for your machine not knowing the s/n or age of it! CASE UNI-LOADER SKID STEER LOADER (NORTH AMERICA) | CASE Construction | MyCNH US Store www.mycnhistore.com