Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SVL 75 vs 95/97 mulching

Travis Smith · 2022-12-18 16:16

I am in the market for a skid steer and like the kubota brand. I am well aware of the benefits of the larger hp machine when it comes to mulching but I really dont think I want a machine that requires def. I just purchased 32 acres that we are going to develop and it will require quite a bit of clearing. It is mostly undergrowth as it was mostly clear cut a few years ago. I just dont want to be underpowered. Any experience with the 75 and mulching? Of course either unit I buy will have high flow. Travis

Replies1
  1. #1Tags2022-12-18 18:44

    Any chance you can rent something to mulch with and use your personal machine for cleanup with a HD brushmower after you have done the heavy mulching with a rental? Just an idea, using a machine with a mulched really puts it through its paces and if everything isn’t just right on the machine it will cause all sorts of overheating issues and underperformance issues. Efficiency wise, I think you’d be underwhelmed with a smaller hp unit for production while mulching.