I’m having some trouble with the quick attach levers on my 1845C. The pins poke through the bottom of the attachments when the lever is pushed all the way back, making taking attachments off a nightmare. I ordered a new set of coupler latches but it seems I don’t have the same design as other 1845Cs. I will attach some pictures but I’m not sure where to go from here. I have yet to see any latches that are the same as mine. I have seen new coupler plates that update to the current style quick attach but they come with a nice price tag. Any advice is greatly appreciated.
Lol, I had an 1989 1845c too. Those levers flat out suck. Case only used that style for a couple years because the design was so bad. It's like trying to push a chain. You'll never be able to get them to work well. Your best bet is to just buy an entire updated quick attach for your machine. Not cheap, but really the best solution to this problem. In my case, I'm fairly good at fabricating stuff. So I reworked my levers with my own custom design somewhat copying the newer levers. They still throw front to back (which sucks) but at least they only took 2 fingers to push and solidly locked into place. I took a fair number of pic on how I did this if you are interested in going this route.
Thanks for the reply. Any pictures would be greatly appreciated. I ended up tightening a nut that pulled the tooth far enough back to not catch on attachments so taking them off is no longer an issue. I have a bucket that came with machine and it attaches and locks in without issue. I have a pair of used forks and a brand new auger that I cannot get to lock in. I think I’m just going to go the new coupler plate.
Here's some pic of what I did. The first pic is a before (bottom) of the oem handles. I welded a plate across the linkage to help take out some slop, but that didn't work, so ignore that. The top is the after picture. The key is to get rid of the linkage and move the second pivot point down to the pin end. This takes all the slop out of the handles. It's how newer machine handles work. It also allows it to work without having to ride in the track at the bottom. It's not hard work to change them over, just some cutting and welding. But it is important to get the angles on the handle correctly, so they lock in position.