Kubota added the specs for the new CTL. Looks almost the same as the SVL 90-2, except for the price and 4 more HP http://www.kubota.com/product/svl95/SVL95_2S.aspx
They went to a position pump for the loader's hydraulics which offers adjustable aux flow (up to 40gpm) at a higher pressure (3500-3600psi). They've also made the loader valves closed center parallel plumbed so you can multifunction. The closed center system will decrease fuel consumption and thus heat generation in the hydraulic system. It's a fair improvement over my 90-2 if you have the application and money.
My SVL-90 without DPF works fine for me!
I'm heard it will use DEF as well. It's longer than the 90 too,due to having to add MORE emissions garbage, think they added another bottom roller to the undercarriage, which will be great for grading but not so great if you're trying to put two machines on one trailer....
I have carried my KX057 and SVL90-2 with a bucket and grapple saw for the ex and a bucket, forks, and grapple on a 28' gooseneck with some room to spare.
I found the last SVL-90 with cab and A/C in Texas without all the EPA crap. Otherwise I would have looked at another brand without it. With a little luck I will not need anymore new equipment and therefore not have to deal with all the issues. Now the only issue is what to pull my 32' gooseneck with. Dodge keeps having fuel system troubles. Damn common rail electronic sh%$! At least no DPF or DEF!
I don't get why Kubota requires both DPF with SCR to met Tier 4 final.
Cat is running the Kubota engine for tier 4. I wasn't all that impressed with their wiring. I know every thing is on a shoe string budget but they need to invest in something heavier. Engine ran fine other than all the code chasing for wiring issues.
Curious as to the problem you're having with your Cummins. My 2005 has been throwing a p1222 code (heater grid light on) and going into limp mode off and on. When it happens it's pretty doggy with 15.5k worth of trailer and ctl hanging off the back.
Easy. Find a good, used 2000-2002 F-550 with a 7.3. Problem solved. https://www.carsforsale.com/vehicle/details/13056941
JNB, I have a 06 3500 with 6 speed. For over a year I get a CEL and have had it scanned numerous times always resulting in fuel system issues. As a former Diesel mechanic not trusting the "establishment" at each time I have been next to the technician with scan tool and factory test guide going through each component test. The lift pump, PRV and CP-3 have been replaced. After this it is still throwing a code indicating fuel rail pressure problems and now coolant temp problems. I just picked up a fuel rail pressure sensor but I have not installed it. I think the thermostat may be stuck open. Also the radiator fan roars occasionally even with out a load. So it may be going out. Truck has 69k miles and otherwise reasonable taking into consideration it is a Dodge. New problem it has been raining and the vehicle was not under cover. Going to town water was dripping from the sun visor attachment clip on the drivers side. I suspect one of the clearance lights is leaking. Assuming I stay in the ranching business and this crap continues I might look for an International 4700 with direct injection and an Allison automatic and convert it as needed. That will be a real truck. Good luck with your problem. I will help if I can.
Shimmy1, you are correct sir. My last Ford Diesel was an 02. I needed a dually and we all know what happened to the Ford Diesels after the 7.3. I NEVER had and problem with the two 7.3 Diesels in or out of warranty. I may have made a mistake. God bless the EPA and their BS.
I lost the motor in my GMC 5500 this Fall. I have traded it off and have been looking for a replacement heavy use vehicle. I have looked at different options with IH being the center of my focus. It appears from all that I have read, be sure to find the correct motor/tranny combo. It appears that you can spend a lot of money extracting more power out of these IH engines. You don't read many posts about these trucks being overpowered. I have been looking for a 4X4 crew cab and while I have found one. The motor is a 466 at 210 hp and combined with an Allison tranny 2500 I think and it wont pull what I need it to considering my geography. Carefully lurk some of the diesel forums and you get an idea of what combination holds the best promise. I had the IH dealer quote me a new IH 7400 with crew cab 4X4 with a Cummins and it was 110K. I have decided (unless something comes along) to wait until late 2017. The alliance between IH and GM will field their new 5500 trucks. Sounds like it will be sold by both IH and GM. The early word is GM running gear with everything else being IH. I will have to make due until then.
I'll sure agree with that! The only reason I changed trucks was to get a dually. I towed with a '99 F350 SRW for many years and had very few problems with the 7.3 in 320,000 miles. A couple of water pumps, radiators and had to replace one valve cover gasket/harness...that's it. The auto trans was a recurring problem, but a billet converter and a few other parts over 100,000 miles ago fixed that. My wife now uses it to tow her GN horse trailer. I liked the Cummins and everything under the hood "looked" very accessible compared to the Ford, so I thought I'd give it a try. Looks can be deceiving...the only thing more accessible is the valve cover. The Dodge itself is built like a Coors can compared to the Ford. I've found that the p1222 code wasn't original to the truck, but was put into the computer on any vehicle serviced by a dealer after 2011. It was installed to let the user know that there is a fuel delivery problem not within the designed parameters . Could be the CP3, could be an injector, and is often as simple as a clogged or malfunctioning pressure relief valve on the rail. The pressure relief valve can trigger the code and depower the engine from simply using too much throttle when towing, or using compression in deceleration (down shifting.) Add in a tuner and it gets worse. It's such a problem that the aftermarket makes a plug to replace the valve, but there's a much higher chance of ruining an injector. I'll be putting in a new valve first and hope that's it. So I have this great pulling engine that doesn't always have very good pull, can't be pushed too hard when towing (everyday) and forget downshifting to help out the brakes. Like Shimmy said, it may be time to find another 7.3.
I got my skid loader today. So far I am loving it.
Have you looked at the International Terrastar. Its a 550 class. We speced out a new one in our paint scheme with 4 door, 4 wheel drive, optioned out interior, air seats in front, with 12 ft locking flatbed dump with a gooseneck hitch. We were quoted $72,000 for a new one with 6 week delivery time. Them offering me $6,000 for my clean 06 F350 with 100,000 on it broke the deal. A new Ford F550 runs the same and more with hardly any options at all. I'm keeping my 2000 F550 a while yet. I just would like to have cruise control on it but noone supports it that I have found.
There are three new SVL 90 machines going up for auction on January 16, 2016. What's the average price for one of these? They are billed as new, but makes me wonder about warranty. I drove by the auction site, they had an out of state dealer sticker on them. Should have got the name and called them. Looked like they had multiple branches. Not sure why they would be at the auction. Lyonauction.com.
I looked at the Terrastar, but I would not own a 6.4L motor. I will wait until the GM/IH medium duty trucks come out.
Are SVL 90 or SVL 90-2? The dash2 is the newer model maybe they are old stock? As for the price on a dash 2 should around 60 with an enclosed cab
I'm assuming you bought the kubota SVL95-2. If so, can you go into detail about why you like the machine? Is the cab roomy? What features/options did you buy? Is it powerful and smooth to operate? How is the cab seal when you close the cab? I'm in the market for a new ctl. I want either the svl95, takeuchi tl12v2, bobcat t870, or possibly the cat 299d2 XHP. What did you pay if I may ask? Did you get a bucket with machine? Thanks, I know that's alot of questions.
I have a SVL-90-2, I haven't seen a 95 yet. So I am not sure if they are similar.
No problem with the Navistar 6.4......all the problems were from the tuning and changes Ford made to them. I see very few failures on the International installs. And a Terrastar is a way better work truck for the price compared to any pickup. I can't wait to see the new GM/International mediums, but the really nice thing about the current 6.4 Terrastar is it is very easy to delete and you don't have to keep DEF fluid around. Now back to the Kubota. I like the changes, but not impressed by the huge price increase.
Someone has to pay for all that new emission stuff that's keeping us safe....
I took these pictures Monday at the ARA Show.
Anyone know the price tag on the svl95-2 fully loaded? Thanks.
I got a quote for 65k and one for 68k fully loaded.
I saw one at my dealer, I don't know about price,'but i do know that the engine compartment has at least another foot sticking out behind it compared the the 90 due to the addition of the DEF....so it's longer and has one more annoying emissions system to contend with.
My dealer doesn't have one yet. I'm trying to get my friend to demo one, and a Tak TL10. He's looking for a 95hp machine to replace his cat 277b. He doesn't spend every day in his machine so hes looking for something affordable and reliable. I'd like to see one in person to see the changes to everything. I have the pre emissions 90 model....glad I do. But any new machine you get will have to deal with it.
SVL-95 Aux Question My 95 just arrived yeaterday and I am trying to get the AUx hydraulics to stay on while I exit the cab so I can operate a log splitter. I cannot even turn it on without being in the seat. Do you know how to turn it on?
Is it possible run the AUX hydraulics in a 90-2 without an operator in the seat? Tony
You can run the hydro's without being in the cab, with the door open or closed. Not sure of the exact method on a Kubota. Something like Aux hrdro , " ON" then push and hold bottom button on the right/ left joystick.. It should tell you the exact series of buttons and switches in the manual behind the seat ....take the time to have a good look at that manual.They provide and chain in the cab for good very reason....and as they say around these parts, Pictures of your new Kubota or it didn't happen..
I just got my SVL95-2 the other day and I am liking it. I really only ran a Bobcat skid steer previously. I have had good luck with Kubota products so I decided to stick with them. Fully enclosed cab. A/C puts out really good. High flow. Comfortable air seat, so you dont feel like you got beat up the next day. A buddy of mine, who has a Cat 259, took a test spin on mine and set it felt really good. Smooth ride.
Put a Cummings 5.9 in it