Hey guys I have a quick question. My track machine can go backwards and forwards but doesn't turn left or right . I changed the joystick valve and that wasnt it . Any ideas ?
It sometimes turns but only when ur at a stop . Not while moving forward or back
Did this problem show up all of a sudden or did it get worse over a long time.
It recently started . First my right track would lock but I just turned it off and back on then it let me load it home . Once I started it again it would lock up again . Now this time it goes back and forward all I want just doesn't turn
Sounds like the pilot pressure is low. I believe it comes off of the charge pump which is a gear pump mounted towards the front of the machine
My dad thinks it's this coil for the brake system .
Check to see if you have a sheared drive key, have someone operate the machine, and look for movement, in the drive systems, on each side. Not sure if this machine has a visible outboard bearing, like my ASV rc 30, but I just went through this, last month. Tapered shaft drive motor has a retainer bolt, at the end, if it drops out, key shears and leaves the machine with no turning ability. I think ASV built the u/c for most all cats, at least the older ones...
It does sound like possibly the right side is just freewheeling. When you move the joystick side to side does the machine just go forward and backwards.
Do you have a diagram of the key you can send?
Easier way. Start up the engine and have someone watch the radiator fan. Does the fan start to turn the moment the engine fires up.?
Yes the fan moves when the engine starts. Just curious why check the fan?
Because it's driven from one of the hydraulic pumps. So if the fan turns when the engine is running the coupling between the engine and the pumps cannot possibly have failed.
Would there be anything else to check?
Can you answer the question from @Mobiltech above as a start. Also would be a good idea to mentione your machine Serial Number.
The machine does not go forwards or backwards when I move the joystick side to side. It will go right fine. It also is hard to load on a trailer when this happens. CYC01047