Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SVL 95-2 Turbo Replacement

CampCreekHardwoods ยท 2024-02-15 12:10

I have a SVL 95-2s with a bad turbo. Replacement is here on the bench, and I'll be doing the work myself. Is there anyone here that has done this repair before themselves? Wondering if there is anything else that could have been damaged when the turbo failed. Thanks in advance.

Replies4
  1. #1ozarkag2024-03-13 13:51

    At minimum need to change engine oil and filter, also replace CCV filter. The CCV ( crank case ventilation) filter could have contributed to turbo failure. Does not hurt to monitor oil pressure after start up either.

  2. #2CampCreekHardwoods2024-03-13 13:54

    I appreciate your reply, I haven't tackled that project yet, I'm about to bring it in from the field. I will make sure to do those things.

  3. #3heymccall2024-03-13 15:26

    Unless the turbo scramble and shattered, sending debris, the only additional step is to prelude the turbo.

  4. #4thepumpguysc2024-03-13 18:03

    PRE-LUBING the cartridge is A MUST..