Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SVL75-2 Motor revs up and down, bogging

jncl ยท 2019-12-18 11:22

Hi, I'm having an issue with my SVL75-2. Here's a link to a video showing the revs issue - this was at 90% throttle, it just bogs down, feels like it's about to stall, then picks back up again for a short time and then bogs down again. Because of this issue I got the air and fuel filters changed but there's not been any improvement since then. Anyone got any ideas where to look next? I appreciate it

Replies13
  1. #1heymccall2019-12-18 13:28

    Debris in the inlet elbow of the water separator

  2. #2jncl2019-12-18 17:28

    Great, I'll check that out. Is it easy to remove the water separator?

  3. #3heymccall2019-12-18 17:43

    Two Corbin clamps and a 12mm headed bolt. After you've disassembled and verified that you've gotten all the debris out that assembly, cut the fuel line and install one of these. You'll need a 3972 strainer and two hose clamps.

  4. #4jncl2019-12-19 22:07

    That worked!! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it. You saved me a lot of money on a Kubota service.

  5. #5heymccall2019-12-19 23:06

    You're very welcome. What was in there? Are you gonna add the inline strainer? How many hours on your machine? And, since the inline strainer is lower, you will have to pinch off the fuel line to prevent fuel loss.

  6. #6jncl2019-12-20 14:00

    It was some black gunk, not 100% sure what it was, but I'm ordering the filter and will definitely get that installed. The machine has 1520 hours on it - it sat for a few months after I bought it so that probably contributed to the problem. I ran it for 5 hours yesterday without any problems at all and will be using it regularly over the winter

  7. #7TDI guy2019-12-20 21:25

    If you ever have emissions issues with your svl75 and want to delete it, let me know. They are completely different machines after that!

  8. #8heymccall2019-12-20 21:32

    The SVL75 only has EGR, and mine has 3200 happy hours, save for the fuel supply plugging, the kubota engine oil filter gasket blowing out 3 times (that's why you see a Napa filter in the pictures), and the constant plugging of the AC evaporator and heater core. What is there to really delete? Isn't deleting unlawful?

  9. #9TDI guy2019-12-20 22:05

    No. Not for off road applications. The current regulations are that for new sales, they need to meet the emissions standard, but for off road use, it is not illegal to delete equipment.

  10. #10heymccall2021-07-09 15:17

    A 1000 hours after adding the 3972 inline strainer AND placing window screen over the tank inlet by removing the fill tube from the tank inlet. I surmise that this was in the tank before adding the screens, I hope. I need to lift the cab and inspect the window screen material.

  11. #11Mark Oliver2022-08-17 15:40

    Did you attach it before the water Did you attach the 3972 before the water separator or after it goes through the fuel filter and pump? I have a SSV75, attached is a picture of my engine compartment.

  12. #12heymccall2022-08-17 16:02

    It is first in line from the tank. Anywhere along the orange highlight.

  13. #13Mark Oliver2022-08-17 17:50

    Thank you.