Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

SW Washington Logging in the 60’s-80’s

JeremyM70 ยท 2010-08-21 23:13

Some great pictures that I received recently.

Replies20
  1. #1JeremyM702010-08-21 23:15

    Page 2

  2. #2JeremyM702010-08-21 23:17

    Page 3

  3. #3JeremyM702010-08-21 23:20

    Page 4

  4. #4JeremyM702010-08-21 23:23

    Page 5

  5. #5JeremyM702010-08-21 23:25

    Mt St Helens salvage page 1

  6. #6JeremyM702010-08-21 23:27

    Page 6

  7. #7Murk1002010-08-22 02:45

    Nice pictures!!! thanks

  8. #8Hayesno12010-08-22 12:11

    Great pictures -funny looking Pete # A15. Mack truck is interesting. Mack truck can't be a CL350 model as picture shows truck got a straigt channel frame and no planetary. Cab and fenders must be from Mack M-series off-highway dump truck. I guess it must be a rebuilt truck with new Mack cab, hood and fenders. Maybe some can add some information.

  9. #9Autocar2010-08-22 12:27

    Great pictures that one where the truck is coming down the highway looks like it would roll over on a left hand turn sure looks top heavy. And there was another picture where they were setting on a steep slop and the surrounding area looked like a bombed out area, you can see why people get upset with some logging practices. But for sure cool pictures

  10. #10JeremyM702010-08-22 16:29

    The company pictured did alot of off road trucking before the 80's. The bombed out area is during the Mt St Helens salvage logging in the early 80's On post #6 pictures 2 and 5 show Mt St Helens post eruption in the back ground. On post #7 picture 1 shows Mt St Helens pre-eruption. And on post #5 picture 2 you see the the truck shop with Mt St Helens during eruption on May 18, 1980.

  11. #11TorkelH2010-08-23 02:55

    Great pictures Jeremy, keep on posting!

  12. #12JeremyM702010-08-23 14:45

    Sorry I don't have alot of input on the pictures, they were just provided me. I will try to get the contributor signed up and help out. He has all the info! I remember they said the Mack was a demo model.

  13. #13Jdigger41302011-01-27 20:29

    Hello Jeremy, Could you tell me anyrthing about truck #15 please. I dont believe I have ever seen one. The powerplant look gigantic as does the width! I would be grateful for any info, thx, Justin

  14. #14tom trees2011-01-27 21:02

    nice pics

  15. #15580bruce2011-01-27 21:27

    Yes,more info on the truck please!

  16. #16JTL2011-01-27 22:06

    Awesome pictures Jeremy! The ones of Mt. St. Helens going off are spectacular. Thanks for sharing man! I can't belive I totally missed this thread when you first posted it.

  17. #17JeremyM702011-02-04 00:26

    Thanks, I was happy to share them. I will work on finding out some more details on the trucks.

  18. #18dirty4fun2011-02-04 06:10

    Thanks for sharing the pictures, I is hard to believe the size of the loads those old trucks hauled. It looks like a triple load in the one picture, sure got to hand it to the people that built the trucks and the drivers for being able to handle that kind of load. Hope you get more pictures, sure is enjoyable looking at them and sure would like to know more of the stories that untold works could tell.

  19. #19Spenol2011-02-05 16:28

    awesome! keep up the good posting!

  20. #20Wawrecker2011-02-07 16:57

    Looks like one of the old trucks has an air cooled V-12 Duetz?