turns out to be a good move. The machine is a 2004 Case CX 25 with 488 hours on it. The dealer has rented it a few times but it has never been titled and there is not a mark on it other than a few scratches on the boom. Tracks are decent. My primary use is clearing my land, gradually, so speed is not a major concern. The problem I have with the 580 is that the terrain is hilly and never really dries out. I end up making a mess with the tires, everything turns in to mud after a few passes. Also, the hills can be an issue when moving, a bit hairy at times. Bottom line is, I ended up kicking in 4k along with my 2000 LT2 which has some serious cab and hood rust which makes it appear beat. It has only 2700 hours on it though.
You'll be wanting a thumb on the machine if you are doing land clearing, I found USA attachments to be the best value for an off the shelf solution. On that size machine you can even think about an hydraulic one.
The dealer wants almost 2k for a hydraulic thumb, it is already plumbed. Was thinking of an off the shelf unit.
What are you going to use for a loader?
I don't reckon 2K is too far off the mark for 'fitted' hyd thumb (considering a basic mech thumb is 500 bucks+) , I would also think a well fitted thumb would increase the value of the machine accordingly. Ask the dealer which thumb manufacturer they use and do some research. Will there be a warranty with that thumb? All of them do give a warranty but logistically it would be handier if the local dealer is backing that warranty. http://www.excavatorthumb.com/mt824_mini_excavator_thumb.html However are there any plans for a quick hitch/coupler?
Bayrat: Check into the thumbs available in your area through your Case dealer. They will have a list of approved thumbs. We have had good luck with H&H for some 20 years now, they are based in Burlington Ontario. I know you are in NY but it is quite possible they supply dealers right across the border in Buffalo, Rochester area. Not sure where in NY you are but might be worth checking them out. Site is here http://www.hhmfg.com/
I have a Kubota with a loader. Thanks for the tips on the thumb, I will check that stuff out as time/money permits. Was a bit shocked at the interest Case wanted for a loan, 10%! I can get a better deal at my bank on a personal loan, although the salesman did get them down to 8.9 after some negotiating. Would rather deal with Case, still kicking the idea around.
Seems really out in left field for these times. Almost everyone is offering some kind of 0% program on new, haven't seen anything over 5% on new even stretched out a few years. Maybe the Case program is $$$$ in lieu of low rate and the figured the cash into your deal???????
It's a new 2004 with hours on it, never titled. The dealer checked, no 0% due to the age, but I am going to push some more.
bayrat, thats less than 100 hrs per year, thats almost too low houred. Get the machines serial number and get a service manager from another dealer to check the service history on the machine. Maybe its nothing, but that machine could have be around a mechianic alot too.
I'd guess it's legit. Dealer rental unit that was never retailed, thus still new registration/probably warranty. The thing I'd check into is if it's actually never registered to an end user. Another dealer should be able to pull that info. The fact that the interest rate is so high would be the reason for suspicion there. 9.9%/8.9% sounds more like a standard program used rate more so than a "new" machine incentive rate. If it has never been registered to an owner, it should still be considered new no matter how old it is, unless the hours on it make it ineligible for programs. Not sure how Case operates their stuff. Don't see many of them around here.
This dealer is totally legit, they acquired another dealer and that happened to be their rental unit but it was also listed for sale on their internet site, you see that quite a bit. Since I am the regional one-call field rep, I doubt they would try to pull something over on me, I interact with too many contractors so it would not be beneficial for them.
The there are couple guys around here trading in their back hoe for a mini ex. One guy had a 580M and traded it for CX50B and the other an SG and is trading it on a CX50. These little Kobelco branded excavators are nice.
Seem to be pretty decent.
i guess you got the mini hoe then...
It's in my barnyard! Have not had a chance to use it yet, that job will be more winter work since I have so much else going on today. It still looks like new. Pics to come soon.