I have a swing arm leaking. Can this be done on the machine? It looks like there's two bolts on the bottom that hold the pins in, not sure about that though. I've done a boom cylinder and was able repack it on the machine, (it was my first and took me two days)just looking for advice and tips. Thanks.
Should be able to remove the gland and pull the rod on the machine. Swing the hoe off to the side, set everything down and equalize the hydraulic pressure, then pull the pins, undo the gland and pull the rod. On the model 33 backhoe, the rods can be bent, due to design and abuse, causing considerable leaks. Check this on yours with a straight edge before you go too far. I think its probably a model 35, and may not have that issue. Do a search on this site to bring up other postings on the topic. Lots of other opinions to help here too. Jess
Here ya go