Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Swing Cylinder External ID LB75.b

HawkX66 · 2025-10-12 09:36

Is there a way to ID which swing cylinder I have without breaking it down first? P/N stamp location? My 05 LB75.b NA has different seal kits depending on the serial number. 9A or 9B for the schematic. Mine is in the before (9A) category by about 100, but it looks like one of my cylinders has been replaced so one could be one kit and the second could be another. I'd rather not break it down, measure and then order and wait with it apart if I can help it. I compared the two schematics below. It looks like the easiest way to differentiate between the two when they're apart is #21. That leaves me with either 85819353 or 87445307. #29, the 631 kit, is the same as #11, but has trunnion bearings.

Replies28
  1. #1NH575E2025-10-12 19:16

    Read pages 17 and 18 of this service bulletin and see if it helps.

  2. #2HawkX662025-10-12 20:02

    Thank you I have that. That would be helpful if I knew for sure which cylinders I had.

  3. #3cosmaar12025-10-12 23:26

    Why not buy both and return one? I’ve done that on more than one occasion with my machine.

  4. #4HawkX662025-10-13 06:53

    I could, but that's not fair to the seller if I know I'm not keeping one. If I were buying from the dealer I might think a little differently.

  5. #5NH575E2025-10-13 09:52

    I think in most instances on a NH the only way to know you have to correct seal kit is to purchase the superseded gland that goes with the kit number. I can't imagine how much the gland is for a swing cylinder. I never went that route and ended up with additional down time and planning when rebuilding a cylinder. Thankfully time was on my side and I didn't have to have it on any schedule.

  6. #6Swetz2025-10-13 10:12

    Unfortunately, I think you will have to take the cylinder apart to see if they changed the cylinder to a different kit. My 675E has numbers stamped on the cylinder, but I cannot make those numbers line up with anything from new holland. I know they meant something, but NH doesn't care to share, or cannot!

  7. #7Swetz2025-10-13 10:14

    If you explain your situation, al least some sellers will be understanding. CEA_Services worked with NH575E at one point if my memory serves me correctly.

  8. #8HawkX662025-10-13 10:37

    No worries guys. Just seeing if there's a way I'm not seeing to identify differences externally. By the looks of it I'll just have to disassemble it and take a couple of measurements.

  9. #9NH575E2025-10-13 17:06

    CEA agreed up front to sell me 3 different kits with the understanding I would be returning 2 of them unopened. None of the kits had everything needed for my crowd but one had the main seals to stop it from leaking. That cylinder also ended up requiring a new piston which I couldn't have known before tearing it down. I think it cost me $8 for return shipping.

  10. #10cosmaar12025-10-13 19:08

    Did the same for me as well, that’s why I suggested it in the first place.

  11. #11HawkX662025-11-16 20:21

    The swing cylinders turned into the PITA I thought they would. I ordered both the kits. The 353 and the 307. I actually ordered the 353 several times from different vendors. All were wrong. What was coming in the 353 kit didn't match the specs CNH had listed. I don't know if it was a coincidence or not, but after I started kicking the problem up chain, all of a sudden CNH listed the kit as not available. It was actually kind of weird. The 353 kit I received fit the updated cylinder I had which was "supposed" to use the 307 kit. The 307 kit didn't fit either of them. I'm ending up having to order the seals for the other one individually. As far as externally ID'ing the cylinders, my original one has a date stamp on it. That's the one that should have taken the 353 kit. The other one wasn't marked in any way and looked identical to my original externally. I guess you could say if it's not marked it's the updated one. Maybe...

  12. #12HawkX662025-11-16 20:29

    This is the stamp on the left side cylinder. November 27, 2004 if I'm not mistaken. My machine has a 12/20/2004 build date according to the serial number on the CNH website so it lines up.

  13. #13Swetz2025-11-17 09:31

    NH sux on the cylinder kits. The machines work great and are much cheaper than other brands in my area (JD is the machine of choice in my area). With that in mind, once you work thru the cylinder seal problems, the machine is great. And, it there is another time, you know the correct seals to order for your machine.

  14. #14HawkX662025-11-17 09:43

    NH does suck with their kits I'm finding. The problem really is when the aftermarket companies like Hercules sells the same spec'd kit when it's wrong. I absolutely love this machine. I'd never buy a Deere after seeing what they're doing to their customers with the inability to work on their own machines. I live in an ag area so I see it all the time. I can't believe how well my machine runs. It barely spins over once and it fires. Right now I'm just catching up on years of maintenance neglect. My goal is to stop any and all hydraulic leaks and clean the spooge that's accumulated so I can see when there is an active leak. There's actually only couple thankfully. There will be more soon if I don't repack cylinders and make a few hoses though.

  15. #15Swetz2025-11-17 09:50

    I went thru the same process about 5, or even 6 years ago, when I purchased my 675E. Has been great since. For the money I spent on mine I could have purchased a JD that was tattered. No thank you, I will deal with the cylinder parts issue. Other than the cylinders, my local dealer has been able to get everything I have needed. Not that I have needed a lot, mind you.

  16. #16HawkX662025-11-18 09:55

    For personal use, I'd rather buy something that runs well, but needs the hoses and cylinders repacked etc. At least you'll know it's base point. Now I won't have to wonder when it'll start leaking or when a hose might let go. After I repack the cylinders I shouldn't have to think about them for 20 yrs or more. A trip to the dealer is my absolute last resort usually. After I've exhausted my research and I stop at a dealer I find they can't tell me any more than I already know or I have to teach them... On top of that, I always get the "I can order that." Ya, me too and I'll pay a 1/16th the price and not have to wait as long. They're also over an hour away from me.

  17. #17HawkX662025-11-18 09:59

    Something else I was thinking about. Or over thinking lol I might stamp each one of my cylinders with the seal kit number I ended up using. That way whoever winds up with it next, be it one of my sons or someone else, it won't be such a mystery.

  18. #18Swetz2025-11-18 14:34

    I like it! Or when you forget, all you will have to do is read it...LOL

  19. #19HawkX662025-11-18 14:44

    Exactly. Although I'm hoping to not have to repack the cylinders again myself...

  20. #20HawkX662025-12-01 11:08

    If anyone is looking for Swing Cylinder cylinder seal kit 85819353 the kit is only available in correct form from Fujis Seal. Link below. The only other way to get the correct seals is by ordering them individually from CNH for almost $300. None, and I mean none, of the companies/resellers that list the 353 kit are even remotely close. 85819353 seal kit for LB90 New Holland backhoe loader Swing cylinder Part #: 85819353 fits for New Holland LB90, LB90B Warranty: 12 Months Good Durability & Long Service life High Quality & Good Service MOQ: 5 PC We can make good discount depending your order quantity seal-kits.com

  21. #21Swetz2025-12-01 13:03

    Hawk, Did your seals ship direct from China? If so, what was the timeframe? Just curious.

  22. #22HawkX662025-12-01 13:12

    It took about a week. They shipped from China to Ontario, CA with some Chinese shipper. They transfer it to Fed Ex in Ontario. They do answer emails also.

  23. #23Swetz2025-12-01 13:21

    Good info, thanks!

  24. #24HawkX662025-12-01 13:37

    No problem. I'd rather they were made in the US, but...

  25. #25Swetz2025-12-01 13:38

    Agreed, but you need your machine to work and the USA companies were not helping that.

  26. #26HawkX662025-12-01 13:48

    Exactly right.

  27. #27HawkX662025-12-09 18:57

    Finally got around to installing and wrapping up the swing cylinders. Here are the final pics: View attachment 20251207_133212.jpg View attachment 20251207_143204-2.jpg

  28. #28Swetz2025-12-10 09:02

    Lookin good!