I have a 1982 Hitachi EX 120-2 that I removed the swing gear motor to replace an oil seal. Looking for a ball park torque spec for putting the oil seal housing back onto the bottom of the swing gear motor (8, 18mm bolts) and the whole motor back onto the upper structure (10, 30mm bolts). Also looking for advice on how to pack the swing gear tub back up with grease, how much does it take?
IIRC there's a plate just in and between the lift rams to grease the ring gear, it has 2 bolts.
Good day & welcome From a later machine but must be about the same. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you! Just what I was looking for with torque specs. I did see the plate between the main lift rams for greasing the swing gear, just seemed quite a small opening for the amount of grease that must go in there. I will pack as much as I can in before I replace the motor. Thanks both for info!
The tub was about half full of pancake batter on our 120 when I changed bearings. I shoved 10 tubes down the hole and on the gear as we swung around.
Good day The attched extract may be of help. Kind regards Uffex
Hope to be helpful. Good luck.
Great info Thank you!