On my JD 690B (or probably any excavator) I know how many quarts it takes, but what is the "full" level visually when you look into the fill hole? Half way up the big gear..three quarters...right at the top..anybody know??? Thank you
What?!..Doesn't anybody check their oil level? Do I really have to drain it and measure out the 9 1/4 quarts just to answer my own question Daygommit anyways
Well I don't have a Deere so this really doesn't help. On our Komatsu there is a cute little picture in the owners manual of a ruler being stuck in the hole and a measurement mark you're supposed to fill to. Somewhere there is a spec. For your machine.
Thanks Komatsu...I sure would have figured that of ALL the early JD excavators somebody had to of checked the oil. I mean at some point in time there might have been a slow leak and somebody had to add some oil. So apparently they didn't know what the full mark was either, so they would drain all the oil each time and put back 9 1/4 quarts that way they knew that is was full I guess I just assumed somebody would know.
hey miller, ever solve this?
Hey flekr, Yes but not really. Got my manuals and all that jazz. Redrained and started to refill to the 8 or so quarts what the book said and I had oil running all over the housing at about 7 quarts...so I really don't know what to say. Maybe that's where the JD 690"BA" they weren't sure how much to put in it, so they lowballed the amount.