Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Volvo Turbo Issues?

Rudolf73 ยท 2013-04-30 07:59

I was talking to a local plant operator/contractor today who has several C series Volvo excavators between 20-30 tons. He has been happy with them for the past few years but 2 of them are just out of warranty with 3000+ hrs and both turbos have recently blown... He now wants to get rid of all his volvos before he has more turbo issues. I have been a fan of volvo for a while and want to try one at some stage, but after hearing this I am a bit weary now - especially buying used. Is this a common issue with this range of volvo excavators? I have only heard of a few other cases but in saying that I haven't done a whole lot of research either.

Replies1
  1. #1DirectTech2013-04-30 20:31

    they did have some turbo issues with the early Cs and the F series loaders but I believe they fixed the problems