Hi does anyone know if there an off the shelf swiveling arm for attaching a grapple with a tilt hitch?? Ive brought a machine with a helic powertilt and going to make one up if need be. Heres a pc200-6 with grapple and custom swivel arm,going to do it similar but i think the powertilt will have more angle. And a pic of the 9030 with powertilt.
Never heard of one off the shelf, but if there is one, I would bet it would be found in the European countries, like Norway, Sweden, and that area. Thay are big on attachments that are what we consider custom. Looks like yours works pretty good there. I think I would just weld up one like it.
Thanks for the reply,a tilting grab is more versatile than i ever thought. Ill try and find something on European sites.
That's a really neat set up for a grapple. I'm a real fan of tilting buckets and can't understand why they aren't more common. The Helac powertilt is a really good piece of kit and will certainly tilt more than anything I've ever encountered, it also provides a really neat solution with nothing sticking out to get snagged or damaged. The tilting of a grapple is completely new to me and is one of them 'why didn't I think of that moments!'. I can certainly say you will not find anything like it in the UK as Grapples are quite rare and 'Thumbs' never seen! My own mind is saying maybe try a propshaft 'universal joint' in the link to give plenty of movement, but whatever I think you will have to engineer your own solution. Great idea, wish you every success. Eddie.
Found one shop that makes the swivel arm today that's not as heavy as one pictured although it is a strong set up. thanks Eddie,ill let you know how i go the powertilts got more movement than i expected.
I use the Powertilt and Powergrip together. Works really nicely.
Looks great brian!!! Thanks for the link ill be checking your posts!!!KOOL
What about rototilts like Engcon or Rototilt. Those are great with grable. Something from youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9UB93892Ek
Brian I like your setup there. Now imagine combining the powertilt, with its 180* rotation, and the full 360* rotary of a rototilit
For sure, I would love to have the rotation...I would be totally spoiled then lol