Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

What hydraulic fluid to use?

redline808 ยท 2009-08-11 04:51

Hi, I have a grey market Kobelco SK030. What weight hydraulic fluid should I be using? Currently I have ISO46 in it, will it matter if I put ISO68 or ISO32. The machine is being operated in Hawaii. Thank you.

Replies6
  1. #1redline8082009-08-21 15:33

    It is about a 1990 machine. does anyone know about the oil and how the different weights affect the hydraulics. I would assume the thicker the slower. what is the best over all weight to use?

  2. #2drag1line2009-08-21 17:52

    The factory oil was 32 similar to 10w, for Hawaii, would consider 46, similar to 15w as much safer. 68, which is similar to 22W..over kill for that climate. Do not use motor oil! Like many machines of that era, make sure for the first use, leave the cap loose on the hyd tank, raise the boom up, arm and bucket in. Tighten Cap. Many of those era Japanese mini's did not self pressurize. Good Luck

  3. #3stock2009-08-21 17:57

    Hope this will be some help, hydraulic oil the important item is the local ambient temperature you are working in and as previously stated ring a local new holland dealer and he will more than likely be glad to help.

  4. #4redline8082009-08-21 18:06

    I had no idea about needing to pressurize the hydraulic tank. Thanks for the helpful information, it is greatly appreciated.

  5. #5redline8082009-08-21 18:12

    the collective knowledge base on this forum is much better then calling our local new holland dealer. the ambient temperature here in hawaii is between 75 and 85 degrees fahrenheit.

  6. #6stock2009-08-21 18:47

    with that info you should be in the green zone with iso 46