Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T 190 2007 bocat track Single thump on left track on 360 degree rotate on sprocket

slowstep ยท 2013-08-17 18:30

Willie 59, I'm Just turning 70 yrs old . using your method of pipes to change out tracks did it by myself. So certainly glad for your post because they wanted $ 400.00 to change out both tracks did it in 8 hours , ok so I am a little slow, but did some painting and greasing and checking parts , bogi and Idlers, I was leery of one sprocket on left side as some wear was apparent because pipes did not position front sprocket back, the same distance as right sprocket. it moved less, short by 1 1/2 in than the rt side. so had more problem putting left track back on due to being tight due to less travel back on that front idler. I had damaged the metal band on the rt track and so when thump would come on 360 degree rev. I assumed it was the rt track causing the problem due to loose center link. But after putting on new tracks Discovered the thump is coming out of left track as I ran it off the ground after installing new track. My question is will a worn sprocket cause this thump behavior on a worn sprocket. sorry for the long post just trying to cover the bases on problem. A single thump on a 360 degree revolution would not signal some other problem would it ? thanks to all for your patience in reading this lengthy post

Replies9
  1. #1willie592013-08-17 20:41

    Good to hear the method helped you get the job done and save some money slowstep. An excessively worn sprocket can make noises like that because teeth don't mesh properly with track bars. I haven't priced sprockets from Bobcat lately, but you can get them from loader parts source. There are two styles, short hub and long hub. Your old sprocket should have the part number casted on it. http://www.loaderpartssource.com/bobcat-parts?cat=62&oem_model=429

  2. #2slowstep2013-08-19 16:28

    Willie59, hope your around today, say I am in the process of changing out that sprocket .I read a post here previously that mention after removing tension on track you can remove sprocket and service hub without pulling track .Will this work ? awaiting your response, Thanks

  3. #3willie592013-08-19 19:35

    Sorry, I don't log in here until late in the evening. Although I've never done it, I suppose it's possible to relieve track tension and lift track from drive sprocket sufficient to remove the sprocket, got nothing to lose trying.

  4. #4slowstep2013-08-19 20:19

    Willie I went ahead and pulled the track it looked a little crowded. to try and do it with the track in the way, So I got the number off back side of sprocket it said #6306 so I suppose that's deep sprocket. It measured 17mm on flange but that is including a little paint and rust. the other part number prefix 673-- was not displayed. front number was a cast number which was 6736305. so I assume this is deep style sprocket. as I am little over 5 inches to bottom of flange from the bottom of face of sprocket. and depth of flange showing a little over 1/2 inch. Would that be correct? thank you so much for your help.

  5. #5willie592013-08-19 21:27

    I don't have my Bobcat sprocket info in front of me right now, but that 6736305 looks like a Bobcat part number. Give loader parts source a call, they should be able to tell you the dimensions. Also, price the sprocket from Bobcat just to get a comparison. I hope this fixes your problem, but if you have new tracks, it's good to have new sprockets to match them anyway. :drinkup

  6. #6shawnhanes2013-08-20 20:18

    Hello Willie59 Read your tutorial on adjusting the drive on bobcat skid steers. Spot on! It was a tremendous help! I have a 873. I think its a 2001. It runs and starts great. Although when you lug it down and the rpm's come back up it tends to run a little rough. Shut it off and restart it and its fine. Any thought on this? Much appreciated. Thanks again!

  7. #7willie592013-08-20 20:39

    Welcome to HEF shawnhanes. :drinkup Glad to hear the tutorial helped. As for your running problem, hard to say with such a quirk since it straightens itself out. I would lean toward a fuel restriction under load, but would hear more definitive evidence of such. Hopefully you'll get it sorted out.

  8. #8slowstep2013-08-26 06:18

    Willie59 just wanted to let you know ,the new sprockets took the chatter, vibration, and thump and bump out of the T 190 skidsteer, Fixed the problem

  9. #9willie592013-08-26 19:30

    Awesome! :drinkup