Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

t190 alternator bolt sizes

NCPIPELINE ยท 2013-04-03 16:20

Does anyone know the size of the 2 bolts that hold that alternator in place? It seems that ours have backed out and disappeared:beatsme...

Replies9
  1. #1NCPIPELINE2013-04-04 10:31

    I can answer part of my own questions so far. I was wrong what was missing was the bolt that holds the adjustment bracket to the motor, and that bolt is a M8x1.25 by 60mm

  2. #2NCPIPELINE2013-04-05 08:04

    Questions: The alternator looks like it is leaning out when I tighten the belt tension. Ideas?

  3. #3crewchief8882013-04-07 09:16

    if it's not sitting upright, either the lower mount on the alt is eggshaped or the timing cover mount is worn and eggshaped lower mount bolt could be worn, especially if it's been loose :drinkup

  4. #4NCPIPELINE2013-04-08 06:23

    I thinking its the timing cover mount

  5. #5crewchief8882013-04-08 17:23

    it's not a bad job, on a skid steer or track machine. 'cept for the nut holding the pulley on is a PITA to get ahold of, even with the OEM special tool. :drinkup

  6. #6NCPIPELINE2013-04-09 05:59

    Great. More "special" tools lol

  7. #7crewchief8882013-04-09 17:45

    my suggestion would be find the proper size socket, cut it in 1/2 lengthen it with a piece of pipe or tubing to clear the splined end of the crank snout. the special tool looks kinda like a very short socket with a bigass nut welded on the open end. :drinkup

  8. #8NCPIPELINE2013-04-10 05:52

    Now that I just cant picture lol. Hey I think my exhaust manifold is leaking, what is the best way to get it out?

  9. #9crewchief8882013-04-10 15:50

    the socket portion is about an inch long/thick, big nut (1 1/2 hex) welded to the cut off end. slip the socket over the splined end of the crank and onto the nut. if the manifold is cracked, raise the cab and boom and work from the front for most of the bolts & nuts holding the manifold to the head.