Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 Hydraulic Oil High Temperature Alert

beeper · 2014-01-17 19:25

My T-190 has an issue. Within 30 seconds of start-up my high temp hydraulic oil alert goes off and the cooling fan kicks in. The alert also sounds during normal operation. I my gauge pegs out showing the oil temp to be very high also. Then with in 5 seconds the alert goes off, the fan shuts off, the gauge shows normal temp. If I check the vitals they show normal operating temperature for the oil. Do I have a faulty sensor somewhere? Beeper

Replies7
  1. #1CRAFT2014-01-18 00:14

    Welcome to the Forum "beeper" I'm going to say YES you do have a problem with your Hyd-oil temp sensor/sending unit …… the symptoms you explain are the same only a different sensor that I just replaced on my A-300 …. mine was the water temp sensor, it was -15 C and was getting ready for another snow event …. the machine was warming up for 10 mins when it auto shut down due over heating (including the hyd cooling fan sounding like a 747 taking off) the engine shut down, immediately re-started and the gauge drops to 1/4 …. I could lay my hand on the engine block anywhere even put the laser temp gauge on it "Was Deff not over heating" ……. this could go on for at least 10 cycles of re-starting and shutting down then it's normal till it starts going goofy again ….. the sensor was a cheap easy fix. On your T-190 I have no clue where it (hyd temp sender) is but i'm thinking that Willie or CM will chime in and help you out ! …. cheers !

  2. #2willie592014-01-18 00:23

    Welcome to HEF beeper. :drinkup Agree with CRAFT, most likely a faulty sensor, I had an S185 do the same thing, and having that hydraulic powered fan kick in when you know dang good and well the hydraulic oil is in no way hot is damn annoying. The temp sensor is located at the hydraulic filter base, there should be two sensors there, one is a two wire sensor, the other is a three wire, I'll have to look at my diagrams to figure out which one you need to replace.

  3. #3crewchief8882014-01-18 15:19

    3 wire sensor is charge pressure, 1 or 2 wire should be hyd temp. if replacing the snder doesnt fix the problem, you probably have either A wiring problem in the 8v curcuit, may or may not be the wiring running to that sender B one of the other sensors in the 8V curcuit could be the problem C controller :drinkup

  4. #4willie592014-01-18 19:22

    Thanks crewchief! :drinkup

  5. #5NCPIPELINE2014-01-20 16:50

    Definitely the temp sensor.

  6. #6beeper2014-01-21 18:03

    Thanks CRAFT, we will go forward from here. Ill give an update for long! beeper

  7. #7beeper2014-01-21 18:06

    Thankyou Sir, crewchief888, this info has settled the turmoil of the unnknown!!