Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 jerking and bucking

Heedfarm00 · 2023-04-15 22:49

Just picked up a t190. It had some creep and the steering was super jumpy and jerky so I adjusted the neutral. The little roller cams looked fine, it appeared the blocks had already been flipped around but the 1 side wasn’t bad at all so I switched them and got the neutral set perfect with no real trouble. Steering is still super jerky especially at higher rpm’s. If you aren’t careful it’ll dang near buck you outta the seat. The machine sounds great, no squealing or abnormal noises. I checked the motor mounts and they all appear to still be tight. Seems to do this in fwd or reverse. Where do I go from here?

Replies3
  1. #1willie592023-04-15 23:02

    Bobcat bucking and jerking is typically one or both pintle arms loose where they clamp to the pump control shafts.

  2. #2Heedfarm002023-04-15 23:20

    I’ll give them a second look but I didn’t notice any movement or play from the pintle arms

  3. #3willie592023-04-15 23:38

    Of course the pintle arms are tucked underneath the drive centering plate, but you should be able to slip a long screwdriver underneath the pintle arms and give them a pry upward where the flat bars from the drive levers connect to them. They should be rigid, no movement. If you have movement, you have a loose pintle arm.