Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

t190 – lift arm drops very slowly…

t190noob · 2019-06-28 10:36

Hi guys...not sure where to go from here. Just bought a fairly used T190 with 3445 hrs on it. The lift arms dropped slowly so we rebuilt the lift arm cylinders. Works better but the drop down is still there (only when the machine is ON). They do not drop when off. Not sure what to look at? Otherwise, it works and runs great. Lifts and drops very smoothly at at the proper speeds. Any ideas? Thank

Replies6
  1. #1Bswwood2019-06-28 20:04

    Do you have to hit the press to operate button before they start to come down? Or will they start to come down as soon as you start the machine. Serial number? AHC, SJC, hand foot controls?

  2. #2t190noob2019-06-28 21:08

    I'll check that out...I didn't notice it in that manner. Typically I only noticed it when it's on and I have the arms about 1/2 up... We're doing a minor paint job on the machine this weekend but I will test that out asap... All foot controls...strictly with the arm up and down (left foot). I have very little time on the machine so don't have any other practical info to add yet...

  3. #3Bswwood2019-06-28 21:28

    No problem, Im willing to bet it happens after you press the operate button, this releases the pilot operated directional control valves and allows oil to flow thru the spool valve. Since it is foot control this means you should have mechanical linkage to the control valve. Its possible the linkage is out of adjustment allowing the lift spool to remain slightly open which would let the arms creep down after the operate button is pressed. You can lift arms all the way up and use your cylinder lock, if you have it. Disconnect the linkage from the lift spool at the control valve, lower the cab, start the machine and press the button and see what happens. If they still come down, turn the machine off and manually move the spool if you can and see if it centers correctly. There is a centering spring on the opposite side of the valve that could have issues, if all this checks out then there may be a problem with the spool itself.

  4. #4t190noob2019-06-29 09:37

    Appreciate the information and detailed explanation. We're spraying the machine today and will be able to test it maybe tomorrow. If does have the mechanical linkage so I hope it could be that easy. I have my fingers crossed.

  5. #5LN Pipeline2019-06-29 10:29

    Read this thread. HeavyEquipmentForums This guy had a similar problem. I don’t know anything about your machine, and I’m not saying this is what is wrong. But it sounds like this guys problems were the same as yours.

  6. #6t190noob2019-06-29 15:38

    Thanks will take a look...appreciate the pointer. BTW: not sure I tested it the way it was stated but the only time the arms drop is once the activate button is pressed. Turn the t190 on, pull the safety arm down, then once the activate button is pressed, the arms will drop very very slowly.