Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 MYSTERY LEAK

Philosaw · 2023-07-17 12:13

I just finished successfully repairing the control valve on my foot control Bobcat T190. I ran it and found no leaks and it operated perfectly. The next day I looked underneath and saw a puddle on the opposite side, coming from the inspection plate under the fuel tank. The machine is as clean as it's been since new and yet I can't spot a leak anywhere. No oil is showing in the main pan forward of the pump. I also can't see anything looking in from the engine bay. I pulled the track and took the cover off of the top of the drive motor and nothing there either. Does anyone have any suggestions cuz I'm at the end of my abilities. Thanks

Replies8
  1. #1crewchief8882023-07-22 07:26

    residual oil, left over from your leak? check the hyd oil level

  2. #2Philosaw2023-07-22 11:47

    Thanks for responding. Since I posted I confirmed that the leak couldn't be coming from the right side and in the process spotted a leak coming from the select valve which must be crossing the floor out of site. I'm now in the process of trying to remove the select valve which sure would have been easier when I had the control valve out! The manual says it can be done so I'm going to see later today.

  3. #3Philosaw2023-07-23 12:39

    Just curious, has anyone actually removed the select valve without removing the control valve. Maybe my machine is a little different because it has every available option at the time. I got through every step in the manual and even if I'd have gotten it out, there was no way I'd get it back in. The bottom hoses and wires would be impossible...for me anyway.

  4. #4crewchief8882023-07-23 15:53

    select valve? no idea what you are referring to

  5. #5Philosaw2023-07-23 17:02

    It sits behind and a little forward of the control valve. Tha manual calls it the select valve. Maybe it’s known as something else too.

  6. #6crewchief8882023-07-24 17:14

    ok. so you have rear aux and hiflow. makes sense now

  7. #7Philosaw2023-07-25 09:34

    Yes, Crewchief. I only just realized what the valve was for. It's evidently fairly rare and definitely a chore to remove. Not an option on our Cat or Kubota CTL's.

  8. #8crewchief8882023-07-25 19:03

    yea, i cant ever recall seeing a T190 with hiflow and/or rear aux. alotof them around here were basic stripped down versions