Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T190 No Start issue

Gage ยท 2009-12-29 15:26

I just replaced the fuel filter, I losend the small screw on top of the filter mount and primed the lines then tightend the screw back up. I also just changed the oil, I put about a galion and a 1/2 of new oil back in. I tryed starting the machine after this to check the oil dipstick and it will not start. I'm not sure if the machine has a fuel shutoff switch, or it wont start if theres not enough oil in it, I don't know... Can anyone help me with this one...PLEASE :Banghead

Replies9
  1. #1bill onthehill2009-12-29 15:31

    It should have a fuel solenoid on the injector pump. You will probably have to bleed the lines going to the injectors. Do you have fuel going to the injector pump? Start there and just work your way through the system. Don't crank it too long without letting the starter cool and keep a charger on the battery. It is a pain to bleed the lines but a heck of a lot easier than replacing a starter.

  2. #2willie592009-12-29 20:38

    Gallon and half of oil is close. I'm thinking they hold 1 3/4 gal. Whenever you remove the fuel filter on your T190, unscrew the bleed screw on the filter and fill with primer bulb, just like you did it. Then, turn the small knob on the inlet fitting at the injection pump counterclockwise and pump primer bulb for a few moments. This purges air from the injection pump feed line. Turn knob in clockwise until it seats. Work primer bulb until it's firm, crank engine. If it fails to start, pump bulb again. Repeat. It should fire off after a few cranks. That is, if the fuel solenoid is in fact operating.

  3. #3windowbarn2010-01-02 21:36

    Hope you don't mind me writing in this thread, but I also have a 03 T190 that doesn't start. It was sitting outside this past night when it got down into the teens below zero, anyway i waited 30 seconds for the glowplugs and tried to start and it would only crank a few times then just quite, So I tried it again, wait for the glowplugs and then when I turn the key to start it, it only has that warning sign make a sound and nothing else happens not a click or anything. The warning sign flashes like once and also the fuel light, its low on fuel. But it doesn't even make a noise, I had another battery I switched out but it still does the same thing. Do you think its still something with the battery?? Would sure appreciate any thoughts

  4. #4bill onthehill2010-01-03 06:12

    I would check the ground cable to make sure you are getting a good connection at the end of cable. Have you tested and charged the batteries you using? Bring them in and warm them up and make sure they are fully charged before testing them.

  5. #5jeffcbr2010-02-01 18:19

    just a new member with a question, I have a 2005 t190. Can anyone tell me where i can get body parts like, full cab, foot pans? thanks, Jeff

  6. #6greaseballx2010-02-25 11:54

    no start sounds like air in fuel no start sounds like air in fuel looking for some help on how to get heater blower motor out of early s/n t 190

  7. #7greaseballx2010-02-25 11:59

    t 190 heart blower r&r i have the heater core and a/c out and just kinda seems like i might need the oxy acet to get it out

  8. #8greaseballx2010-02-25 12:03

    used parts good spot for used parts is bone yards or broken machines i have bought entire machines for parts then part out or sell the rest

  9. #9adam215842010-02-25 21:04

    i just worked on a 190 that wouldn't start. The newer engines have the fuel cut off in the pump, you cannot see or hear the switch like in the older ones. Jumping the switch would start it, so the switch worked. Following the wire by cutting open the loom, revealed a wire completely broken in half. Inside the undamaged factory loom. Something to look out for!