Bobcat T190 S/N 519314252 After weeks of searching through the threads and completing everything I could find, I think I need some specific help. Purchased 2023 with error code 25-02 Rear auxiliary proportional solenoid erroneous inclusion but didn’t pursue a fix. Starting 2024 the lift & tilt pedals occasionally would not unlock. Turning switch off and back on until pedals unlock would allow it to work until powered off. March 2025 after operating for about 2 hours that day, the traction and lift/tilt locked and all three BICS lights flashed several times and then started working again. A few minutes later it happens again and would not unlock. I turned the machine off and started it up again and everything worked. Another few minutes later and the traction locked and would not unlock. The codes 16-06 Retaining solenoid locking rod is closed to ground and 21-03 Glow plugs, faulty shutdown displayed. The traction light on the BICS also flashed once continuously. I swapped fuses and relays with no change. Next I moved the lift/tilt solenoid to the traction brake and was able to drive it to a better location. I installed a new traction brake solenoid but nothing changed. After a few weeks of research, checking the main wiring harness and electrical testing, I plugged the solenoid in again and installed all new relays and it worked. It worked for about an hour and then the traction locked again. I was able to move it by plugging in the lift/tilt wire to the new traction brake solenoid. That indicated to me that the issue is in the wiring to the traction brake. Next, I replaced the parking brake switch and lift/tilt solenoid (because I bought one as a spare with the brake solenoid). Nothing changed so I took the headliner out and found two bare wires at the back of the cab. I disconnected the battery, spliced the wires, connected the battery and now not only does the traction not unlock but the lift & tilt pedals will not unlock. I currently have the following codes 16-07 Traction lock hold solenoid open circuit, 25-02 Rear auxiliary proportional solenoid erroneous inclusion, and 18-06 Solenoid spool is closed to ground. Also, the traction light is blinking continuously. What am I missing? What do I try next? All help is appreciated.
Hello, ok the 18-06 is actually one of the Spool Locks on the control valve, which will unlock either the spool in the lift and tilt section. If one of them is damaged or has, like in your case, a short to Ground it will not unlock any. Check the wiring from both, tug a little bit on the connectors. These wires are know to corrode. If everything checks out good, remove both Spool Locks and disconnect both and apply 12 Volt to each. You will see this little pin go in or not, the one where the pin does not go in, when 12 Volt is applied, is the bad one. 25-02: Do you have rear Hydraulic Aux Couplers? That was an option ones these machines. Like do you have any hydraulic attachment in the Rear like stabilizers or so? 16-07 : Check underneath the Cab , please secure the Cab very good!!!, for a Plug with 3 Connectors. Way bigger then any other Connector. With a Red, a Black and a White wire. Check if ay of these Wires are loose and maybe disconnect the connector and check for corrosion. Let me know hat you find.
Thank you fortworth-cowboy for your quick response. I appreciate you. 18-06: Those are right on the top of the control valve, correct? I checked the wires and I do not see any that are damaged or loose. The plugs are firmly connected and no loose wires. I tested and the pedals and they unlocked every time. Does that mean that one is finicky? If so, I might replace both and be done with it. 25-02: I do not have any hydraulic couplers in the rear. As far as I can tell it never did. It seems odd to have an error if it was never installed. 16-07: I’m not sure I found the plug you are referring to. It has three connectors and only three wires? The connector that goes to the brake solenoid has a thin green, a thicker green, and a black from the harness. Then the other side of connector only has a red and black wire that goes to the solenoid. The pigtail to the solenoid has conductivity. I am reading 5.6 V from the thin green wire when the key is on. If you were referring to a different plug, I could use some more details or location. Thanks again.
Hello, so the Spool locks are actually on the LH side of the Control Valve ---see Picture 25-02 ok, so you don't have any of the rear AUX Couplers? Then someone might programmed the controller wrong and activated that Option. And because the Machine does not see now the solenoids it thinks that it is on or not. 16-07 yes, thats the connector. You might have to start the machine and check then. There should be 12Volt.
Thanks for the picture, that helps a lot. I will check it out and check voltage on brake connector once running.