Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T300 Bobcat Hydro Leek…..

deeredriver ยท 2010-05-16 12:24

My T300 developed a hydraulic leek last week, and I have found that it is leeking at the very top of the hydro, where the right side steering connects to the shaft in the hydro. I talked to my bobcat dealer and they want me to bring it in for a seal, but how hard is this to do myself? They said it is hard to adsjust the steering after repacing the seal? Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1willie592010-05-16 16:27

    Hi deeredriver. The pump control shaft seals cab be easily replaced without disassembly of pump. But, it is a trick to adjust the drive centering when you reassemble. You have to have the machine on blocks or sturdy stands so tracks can rotate while adjusting, and it's really not easy to describe how the perfom the actual adjustment at the contol levers on pump shafts. If you have good mechanical apptitude, give it a go. You remove the longs 3/8 bolt and spring on the end of the centering plate, remove that centering plate. And if I'm in there replacing the shaft seal on one of the drive pumps, I'm going ahead and replace the other pump shaft seal as well, your already in there. Disconnect the long drive control arms coming from the drive hand levers where they connect to the pump control arms. Remove the pump control arms from the pump control shafts. You have to remove the 3/8" clamping bolt on the control arms completely because the bolt fits in a notch in the pump control shaft. I think you now have to remove the bottom centering plate that's mounted on the pumps, can't remember for sure. Now you should be at the seals and be able to remove them and replace. Re-assemble in reverse procedure. Start the machine, release parking brake, and see if tracks remain neutral. If one or both tracks creep, that's when the centering adjustment is required. Make sure you have the machine well supported of the ground to perform this repair.

  2. #2deeredriver2010-05-18 22:17

    Thanks for the reply Atco. I stoped by the bobcat dealer and picked up the seals, so when I get a rainy day I plan to attempt to fix it. Is there any way to do this with out throwing things out of adjustment? Thanks

  3. #3willie592010-05-18 22:29

    Well, you'd be lucky if it didn't creep when you get done. When you disassemble everything, it usually changes the pump null when you put it back together. Just don't loosen the 3/8 bolts that hold those flat plates to the underside of the top centering plate. You should see two 3/8 bolt heads on the top of that plate near each end of the plate, don't mess with them.

  4. #4willie592010-05-19 21:43

    Ok deeredriver, get's a little complicated now, to explain that is. :tong Here's the old style centering device. Note the 3/8 bolt heads on top of the top plate that I was referring to, and the single piece cast aluminum control arms that operate pump control shafts. Here is the later style centering device. Note the two piece steel contol arm for the pump shaft control with the allen head screw facing forward. Which type of controls does your machine have?