Bobcat T300 dies intermently. Code for deluxe contoller loss of communication with main controller. Seems like it is worse when carrying a load. Replaced the deluxe panel. (Keyless start panel). Still dies. I guess the main controller would be next choice. I think this one has to be programed by dealer? I believe the deluxe and main controller communicate together to make the thing run. Any thoughts?
Knowing far more about electronics and machine mechanical issues from past years than my Bobcat experience of last few, I would suggest that an intermittent issue will likely be a Connector or Wiring issue, especially given the shaking about and dirty/wet environments that all skid steers experience.. ** If it has occurred more when loaded, I cannot see any electrical issue that would make sense, other than a cable that is moved a certain way/ somehow flexes and cause an intermittent issue when loader arms are raised to specific position.. Perhaps..?? Also, I would check along the Main Cables for any 'chafed' spots (esp if you can tell if any flex with arm movement) where a signal might short (or have a break)_ and perhaps you might even flex cable loom while machine is running, to see if you can reproduce the problem, at the Controller (if a connection issue) as well as along the route between devices if it is a cable issue!! If you have access to a schematic, or do know the Main Connectors between panels and Controllers, I would think Disconnecting any and all connectors, a quick Cleaning and some Anti-Oxidant paste might be a simple place to start, depending upon your level of aptitude and time to do so.. As always, someone smarter than me who has more specific info on your T300 will likely chime in before too long _ there are lots of good smart techs here, and hopefully you will get pointed the right direction soon ** Be prepared to have someone ask for machine Year, and maybe even s/n for any specifics on known issues on controller, etc.. Good Luck!!
As bobcan says, check wiring particulary the CanBus wire. There could be a plug somewhere thats allowing dirt or water in. It may have terminators(2) on the CanBus wires that may need checking also.I had a similar problem (not a Bobcat), swopped 4 ecu's only to find they where't the cause of the failure
Thanks for the input. I will go through the wiring some more and see what I can find. I have 2 of these machines and the other one has already had a drive and an acs controller. So I know bobcat electonics are bobcat electronics are horrible. You know it's bad when the dealer stocks all these controllers.
Replace all fuses despite what they look like. Had similar problem and it turned out to be a fuse! Thousands down the drain cause of a 25 cent fuse. Good luck
when it dies out, check the red or red/white wire at the LH dash panel connector for 12v power. you should also have constant 12v power to the RH panel. my best guess is that you have a partially broken wire in the main harness near the main/cab harness connector, or the connector may be loose, moisture, or damaged pin/socket. track machines shake & vibrate, seems like wiring problems are typically in one or 2 areas. the mainframe/cab harness area is a good place to start... :drinkup
Update: replaced main contoller and had bobcat program controller. So far problem has gone away.