Best CTL? Need reviews on large frame Compact track loaders Advice....Need largest CTL. what's the best on market for my buck. Guys I need help and reviews on which compact track loader to buy. I have a bobcat t300 with 3300 hours and is getting to the point where I'm going to have to put some money into her to keep it going steady.* I have run the Cat 299 and the takeuchi TL 12. Nice machines but the digging and breakout force aren't as strong as my bobcat. I'm very interested in any feedback on the bobcat T870, and the Kubota SVL90 or the new svl95-2. I love kubota mini excavator, but never run their CTL.* Anyone run the new Takeuchi TL12V2? Monster loader with 111hp. Any reviews would be great.* Also, if you bought a new machine, what did you pay and where in the country do you live? I'm very curious which machine gets the most bang for your buck? I think the kubota might be one of the cheapest for the most horsepower.* Thanks guys.
are you saying the cat and tak 100 plus hp machine wont do what your 80 hp bobcat will do?
The CAT 299 non XHP is not as strong as my 90hp CASE 320, it is not even close. Doesn't have the breakout, or the torque that I am used to. I am sure the XHP is much stronger.
No I'm saying the Cat wasn't as impressive as I thought it would be. Especially for the extra cost that comes with cat. The extra 12hp didn't feel very noticeable while digging and loading with it. Trust me, I love cat equipment as much as the next guy. Just want other opinions. What is your opinion of your brand of equipment? Thanks for your feedback.
Ksss that's exactly what I thought about the cat. I was really shocked at the lack of breakout force. It took twice as long to fill the bucket even when I was digging into a pile and loading my truck. I asked the question not to brag about bobcat, but just to get feedback if maybe I ran a faulty machine, or that's just the way it is between brands. I've owned the t300 for 10 years and after a while you get so used to something that operating something else feels so different it doesn't seem right.
A saying I heard a long time ago at a OEM customer clinic was, "try not to confuse familiarity with comfort". There is a lot of wisdom in those words. I try to run a new piece of equipment for a full day before I let myself form an opinion. Some just require a little different method of operation to get the most out of a machine. Example was the first C series Cat I ran, it simply did not have any lift power. Digging into pile with my Case machines I could lift the bucket out of pile and go. The 246C required me to back out a pile before it would lift free. No big deal once you get used to it. The antistall feature also requires a little different method of operation if you not use to it. Intially it is a negative because it doesn't operate well using your current operating techniques, so you have to be open minded enough to find out what the machine wants. Kind like dating I guess. All that said, sometimes you have to give somewhere to gain something else. The 299D was not powerful, but it was dam comfortable to run. Hands down the most comfortable CTL I have ever ran. So you decide if the increase in comfort is worth the decrease in ability. It is not for me, but someone coming from an equally weak machine would only see upsides to the 299D and not everyone uses their machines in a way that they need the most power and breakout. That is why there are a lot machines on the market to chose from I guess.
Best to go test one out. One of my buddies has the Kubota SVL90 and loves it. I have/had a JD CT series and would not touch one with a 12ft. pole again. When I get a CTL again it'd be Tak, Kubota,?????
I have never owned a track machine but I run bobcats for the last 25 years on construction, for the last 6 years I run 600 head feeder cattle, loading trucks, feeding and pushing out lots 7 days a week. for 5 years it was a s205 bc never had a problem I traded for s650 with Doosan [new] run it for a year, joystick controls it would only run 5.6 mph and every time you start it you got to wait on the cold sing before you can work and you cant keep enough fuel filters around in winter time, two dealers couldn't keep them in stock at 53.00 each. way under powered. traded it for cat 262d and the s650 [Doosan] wont even compare with it and this one is two speed, twice the power. there is no problem filling the bucket lol jmo
My Case TV380 is a great machine and its had very few issues. Pushing 3000 Hours in just over 2 years. It's def got more breakout force than the cat 299D.
Try them all pick, then pick the one that works best for you, Try to ignore all the salesmen here ....you know what they say about opinions....333E, TL12V2, CAT 299XHP, SV90 are all large framed units you should be asking for a demo on.....Local dealer support is also something to consider carefully... I run the CAT299XHP machines today because I feel they are unsurpassed in performance, comfort, reliability and resale plus I have built a great relationship with my local CAT dealer, however your mileage may vary. I have owned and operated almost every other manufacturers machines currently on the market at one time or another....each different machine does something better and/ worse than the next guys . Bottom line is there are allot of high quality machines on the market , Demo each and pick what's best for you and what you intend on doing with it .... Good Luck and pictures once bought...
A good friend of mine bought him a Kubota svl 95-2 bout 3 years ago think he gave 55 thousand. Has everything but high flow. He loves it n swears by it n he's from central Missouri. He does alot of metal fence and brush n.land clearing with it n harder than hell.on them I know he's broken more then ten doors till dealership got tires of it n got him.bullet proof doors n insurance paid for it think he's got 3 thousand hrs on it by now n still having great luck with it I bought a deere n I love mine. N no it wasn't the cheapest but I have excellent dealer support with deere