Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T300 modifications available. Anyone switched to joysticks?

egoman ยท 2013-06-02 20:36

My friends who used to farm together decided to part ways. One of the things that had to be sold at auction was a caterpillar 257 tracked skid steer. I could floss your teeth with this machine . Control was incredible. After the sale and division of money we found a low hrs. t300 bobcat and purchased it. It has the foot controls for bucket function, I look like a idiot running this machine. Due to my physical size I have an extremely hard time operating it. Are there conversions for this machine to convert to hand controls for the bucket functions. If so has anyone here used them and are they satisfied with the operations. Both myself and my former farmer friend are already talking about selling this machine and getting one with joysticks. It would be a shame because we know this machine quite well and purchased it from another friend. Quite honestly the machine is beautiful, but to maintain our motocross track it is currently a handful. I was ready to rough it and use my old international Td9 before I would use the new machine with air conditioning and stereo. HELP.

Replies3
  1. #1egoman2013-06-14 23:21

    Bueller? Bueller? Nobody besides me has ever had this problem or asked this question before?

  2. #2CM19952013-06-15 06:40

    I am sure it can be done but it's not worth the the $$$ to do it. If you want a joystick machine, I would sell/trade the T300 and find a joystick machine.

  3. #3crewchief8882013-06-18 17:39

    are you talking SJC controls or ACS? SJC would involve new pumps, control valve,<---(possibly), SJC handles, actuators, controller, and assorted wiring ACS (selectable hand & foot control, for your hyd functions) would involve control valve,<---(possibly), handles, levers, actuators, controller and wiring. actuators and controller alone will run you around $2000. control valve +/- $1500 find the machine you want :drinkup