Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T300 or Takeuchi tl 150

Brandon327 ยท 2013-02-16 16:22

I know the Takeuchi is a bigger machine. The t300 has standard controls and 2700 hrs, new tracks, the undercarriage appears,to be in great shape. The takeuchi has 1100 hrs, not sure on the tracks or undercarriage. I have not looked at this machine yet. The bobcat dealer is within an hours drive. The Takeuchi dealer a little further. I am at not sure which is better In the long run. I like the Takeuchi because it is joystick controls and less hours but I bet before long it will need tracks. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Replies10
  1. #1baexcavating2013-02-16 21:39

    I have worked on and ran the gehl and takeuchi (same machine, different paint) and I own a T300. over all the t300 is easier to work on and more reliable. Also the bobcat will hold up to more abuse, I cant count how many booms I replaced on the takeuchi built gehl ctl series under warranty. As long as the drive motors are good on the bobcat I think you will be happier with the T300.

  2. #2Bobcatdan2013-02-16 22:07

    You can tell by my name I'm bias. Takeuchis are the biggest pain the butt to work on. I would work on a NH brfore that scrap iron. If not buying from a dealer, have one look at the machine before you buy so you know what you are getting.

  3. #3Brandon3272013-02-17 01:19

    The t300 is at a bobcat dealer. The tak is at a equipment dealer. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  4. #4KSSS2013-02-17 12:27

    I dont think I have ever heard anyone call a Takeuchi product "scrap iron" before. Generally the TK CTLS are well thought of, reliable, a bit primative but good power and breakout forces, with large cabs. Like anything bought used you have to be careful of what you buy.

  5. #5Danny Steel2013-02-17 13:15

    My choise would be the Takeuchi between the 2.

  6. #6Bobcatdan2013-02-18 19:44

    Other then the cab is large enough to raise a family of four, I never found anything good about takeuchis.

  7. #7NCPIPELINE2013-02-19 07:39

    I guess I have to get in one of those Tak's still have not had an opportunity. Family of four you so, sounds right up my alley LOL

  8. #8Kaz112013-03-19 18:41

    By a Tak and you don't have to worry about working on it..... Buy a bobcat and throw lots of money out fixing it

  9. #9Kaz112013-03-19 18:48

    Are you nuts ??? It's miles ahead in specs and quality, go do you're homework ..... Here are just a few to look at Traction force w/ planetary over double of bobcat Built from ground up as track loader ( no bolt on undercarriage) Cost of operation by far way less on the Tak I can go on and on

  10. #10tbi2013-03-25 15:55

    LOL brand loyality is running blind here from my short time here. I've owned 2 T-300's and 3 T-190's all new. Then I woke up and bought a new TL-240. Can't say as I would ever give a Bobcat another thought. Way too many electrical gremlins, turbos, rollers, sprockets .......... and most of all down time. The Taki well well into it's third year it's never been back to the dealer. The Bobcats umm well lets just say I got frequent flier miles for trips to the dealer. The only issue so far with the Taki is the AC switch has crapped out twice. $50 part. big deal. While it doesn't have the lift height as the Cat it will far out work one. Kaz11 nailed most of it. Smooth controls, OH door storage, room in the cab and simple simple simple. I also have a couple of new NH skids. Not quiet as good as the Taki but I have a top flight dealer.