So our machine is is throwing an M1607 code. It says "Traction lock hold solenoid open circuit." From what I can see the fuse and relay are good. The button lights up and works just fine. Also the lift and tilt functions work with no issues. So with all that I figure it's a broken wire or bad solenoid. My problem is I haven't been able to locate the solenoid. I called Bobcat service yesterday when I was away from the machine and he gave me the location but now that they're closed I'm finding he was either not correct or I'm completely blind. I have also read through the service manual but it does not seem to show the location anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks guys.
Should be in the center of machine under cab, a small rectangular aluminum manifold block with one or two solenoid valves in the sides. One for park release or "traction lock". One for two speed if your machine has it. Follow the smaller hoses from the drive motors, keeping in mind the case drain hose goes to a manifold as well.
Thank you for replying. That’s the location that bobcat service told me also. Our machine is covered in oil under the cab and I needed it running ASAP so I was trying to get the location so I didn’t have to be under the cab looking very long. It turns out our machine has it hid on the right side up behind the lift release. As soon as I could see it I could tell the ground wire broke off right at the solenoid.
Glad you got it going. I will keep that location in mind too!