Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T35 on GMC 860 Diesel Info

Randge ยท 2014-05-04 21:16

I am looking for a bit of info on a Bantam T35 Excavator mounted on a early 50's GMC 860 Truck. I am helping to sell it for the family as they would like to see it restored as opposed to scrapped. I'm like to get an idea of the weight first so we can at least get a scrap value to start from. As much as the excavator is mostly complete and I believe they said could be run, the GMC is a real cool truck and adds a lot of character to the rig. Both items restored together would be great. Can anyone help me out with a weight and possible a value ballpark? Any help would be appreciated. I have some picture I'll try to add and I can get answers to any questions that are asked. Thanks RJ

Replies3
  1. #1Randge2014-05-05 10:44

    Here is some more info I found out last night. Truck will start and run and was driven into building. The T35 was originally on an Army 6x6. Was changed over to the GMC in the mid 70's. The GMC 860 has a Detroit 671 Deisel and the T35 has a continental engine. The backhoe was last used to dig about 6 years ago and kept indoors. It will start and dig. There is an additional backhoe assembly with it also. The owner claimed it is as good or better than the one on it.

  2. #2truckerb612014-05-22 18:38

    I seen this ad and I am interested in the GMC if you still have it

  3. #3Randge2014-05-23 07:59

    trucker61, I am unable to use the message part of the board. Email me at [email protected] and we can talk.