Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

T590 showing D7517 code

Al Mccracken · 2021-12-20 18:42

Hey I have a 2013 T590 Bobcat skid steer that will start and then shut off, it’s done this before and I cleaned the fuel filter and it cleared up but not this time saw it was low in fuel so I filled it up and changed the filter still nothing so did some research and found out how to retrieve the code witch is D7517 the swash plate not in neutral. Well that is over my head anyone know where I should go from here?

Replies3
  1. #1heymccall2021-12-21 00:26

    Gist of what to disconnect to make machine moveable. BUT, if the swash plate truly isn't in neutral, the left side of the machine will lurch or jump when the pilot is enabled. The code is for left pump swash plate sensor, so, follow hoses from left drive motor to pump to identify which sensor is suspect. Before starting machine, maybe you'll get lucky and just have a damaged wire to that sensor.

  2. #2Al Mccracken2021-12-21 07:15

    Thanks I will give this a try.

  3. #3Al Mccracken2021-12-22 19:43

    I was able to disconnect the sensor like he did in the video except I located which one was the left sensor, it started up seems to run well haven’t tried working it, but it doesn’t seem to have any pull or lag on the left side. I haven’t been able to trace the wiring yet but it looks like they go under the pump. Will it hurt any thing to run it with the sensor unplugged? And any idea where that sensor is located?