I purchased new Y650 last year and I have had it in shop several times and still have power issues. The machines stalls under loads and can't turn very good with bucket full of dirt. I have had regional service guy look at it and he told me this is normal because of new government EPA rules and all manufacture machines are the same now. I had T250, T300, T320 and T190 and they all had power issues until pumps got tuned and than they had so much power - loved them. They tell me the new machines are all computer and can't be tuned - is this true? The new T650 is really poor machine in terms of power, have to stop and wait for engine to recover when turning with bucket of dirt or digging. Has anyone else had issues? I am so pissed off, thinking about selling this and looking for older T300 or T250
Is your machine running the new T4 final Doosan 2.4L engine or the T4 interim 3.3L Kubota? Bobcat reduced the displacement and there have been complaints about fuel filters clogging causing power issues.
Welcome to the Forums RayIllinois!:drinkup I think the regional service manager is blowing smoke up your skirt. :cool2 Currently demo'ing a 2016 Cat 279 with Bobcat style controls - it doesn't stall under load or not want to turn with a full bucket. This 279 has operator controlled adjustments like track speed and boom lift speed.
I think that service manager is blowing smoke also, any other T650 owners having power trouble? Steve
the typical power complaints i hear of, it's traced back to a restricted filter, and contaminated fuel we've also replaced a couple IMV valves, but the machine is usually throwing codes. :drinkup