Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

t770 electrical issue

conconinc ยท 2019-09-20 12:52

I have a 2015 T770 bobcat that has an electrical issue with the hydraulic release on the bob tach. It keeps blowing fuses and does it even if your not using it. I have taken it to the dealer and they changed the wiring harness that goes under the engine but did not solve the problem. They said it is probably in the main wiring harness somewhere and no way of locating where so I would have to replace the whole harness which isn't very cheap. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue and may have a solution or where in the harness it might be. there are no nicks in the harness anywhere and all of the hard casing is still intact.

Replies11
  1. #1heymccall2019-09-20 13:06

    Quick Google search didn't reveal woring diagram. Can you provide wiring diagram? First hunch says that manifold for bobtach uses two solenoids, one for open and one for close. Could the close solenoid coil be bad? I truly dont know if it has two coils, though, as I don't have diagram.

  2. #2conconinc2019-09-27 10:06

    Here is the wiring Diagram hope this can help I've looked at it but I am not good at following these

  3. #3heymccall2019-09-27 10:47

    Schematic shows that the bobtach has no power when switch is in nuetral. (Right circle). Bobtach has both an open and close solenoid (left circle). So, when does fuse fail? When closing, opening, or, since other stuff runs on same fuse, when not using bobtach?

  4. #4conconinc2019-09-27 11:12

    It actually fails when not using the bob-tach just moving the machine that is the puzzling part the dealer replaced the harness running under the engine thinking it may have gotten smashed but that did nothing to fix it. So if other things are on the same circuit could some other part be triggering it then

  5. #5heymccall2019-09-27 12:55

    First best guess then is the red/white wire to horn button on left joystick. Inspection of that wire, especially in the handle swivel area is in order. Diagram doesn't show a connector, but, if there is a connector in the chassis, away from the handle, it could be unplugged and the machine tested.

  6. #6conconinc2019-09-27 19:24

    thank you I will try that and get back when we test it may be a little bit though busy now so if we slow down and get the time to tear it down and check it sounds like a good place to start though thanks for taking the time to help

  7. #7conconinc2019-10-02 18:26

    It was raining today and we checked out the wiring in the handle where the horn is and found nothing we unplugged it outside the handle it still blew the fuse we tore down the whole console checked all the wiring and the switch again found no bare wires or no insulation scrapes After we had it all part we put a good fuse back in and turned it on horn works bob-tach switch worked fuse did not blow. We moved all the wires handles and still no blown fuse. We put everything back together because we found nothing there. Still no blown fuse we are going to use it like this for awhile and see if it blows a fuse again. I would assume it would be in the fuse panel we did inspect it for moisture and there was none. Is there any way to isolate it to the fuse panel without pulling it out I really don't want to mess something else up by pulling that out. The wire to the bob-tach switch and the horn is hot all the time whether the ignition is on or not. Hopefully it keeps working but I'm not betting on that

  8. #8conconinc2019-10-21 08:27

    Still blowing fuses

  9. #9jperksauto2023-05-22 02:59

    Hey, know its been a long time since original post but did you ever figure out the issue? I'm having the exact same problem

  10. #10Digger 1232023-05-28 06:23

    Anyone have an old wiring harness they would sell for a t770 . Need one really bad thanks

  11. #11blackbearleach2023-05-31 12:47

    Say,,,. Did you figure out that issue. I've got a new s740 doing this same thing