I just picked up a very nice 91 L9000 tipper with a L10 cummins,the tach don't work.It does not seem to be cable driven.Can someone tell me where it picks up the signal from.Thanks
Look for an electrical pick up screwed into the side of the bell housing. About an inch in diameter, two or three inches long. It will have two wires coming out of it. That is where Cummins put them on most of their motors. It could be on the left, right, top or bottom. It takes it's signal off the teeth on the flywheel. George
Thanks for the help,will try and get a look at it later today.
No experience with your application but have heard of the pickup getting little chips of steel stuck on them, they are magnetic, possibly from wear on the ring gear orstater drive. If wires look good I'd pull it out and make sure it was clean and reinstall.
Haven't found the pickup yet.There is a threaded hole in the bell housing,maybe the sender is just missing,but. I don't see any wires near there.