Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Having same issue as Treetop had last November w/2002 Sterling

EFX ยท 2014-07-20 23:12

The post Treetop wrote eight months ago about his sterling stated no right brake electrical current no emergency flasher rear current ( running and turn signals all work correct including left break and flasher ) he stated he traced up to cab. His answers he received told him to keep tracing. Well my 2005 sterling LT9500 has the exact issue. I traced up to the cab today and stopped. The one thing I noticed when hauling heavy load and going down mountain road using four ways with slight break pressure was that the flasher lights inside cab stayed solid with no blinking. I feel this is common weak point with these trucks. :Banghead So if treetop or any other professional is out there that had this same problem and solved it please let me know what your solution was for these sterlings malfunctioning on this issue. :Banghead:Banghead

Replies3
  1. #1Treetop2014-07-21 12:00

    Ended up replacing the turn signal switch on the steering column,

  2. #2EFX2014-07-21 19:24

    Thanks Treetop... I was thinking in that direction and I am happy that you confirmed it I would like to ask you if I can contact you one more time if I run into a Sterling issue... I really like my LT 9500 Triaxle thanks alot sir.

  3. #3Treetop2014-07-21 19:32

    Contact me any time, I'm no expert like some on here but if I can help I'll be glad to