Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tag MFG Buckets & Couplers

tkoden ยท 2015-06-09 20:14

Anyone have experience with Tag MFG products? The 9 Ton machine I am looking at comes with their coupler, buckets and thumb. I have never run a machine with a coupler so I am looking for info on them or anyone else who might have a good quality coupler, thumb and buckets. I can order the machine bare and put my own stuff on it or I can go with what the dealer is spec'ing. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1clintm2015-06-09 21:45

    I tried to deal with them but they will not talk to you if you are not an end user so I went with craig attachments in canada (on a #80,pd machine)but I don't think that they make stuff for the smaller machines . I bought buckets thumb and coupler for my kubota kx121-3 from usa attachments in king NC I like to deal direct on items like that because the dealers don't have time to be bothered to sell you a bucket just a couple weeks a go I got a ripper for the kx121 from them and it fit right up and matched right up to their thumb

  2. #2StumpyWally2015-06-11 15:26

    No experience with TAG, but I have an 8+ ton machine (NH EH80cs/Kobelco sk80cs), & I use Werk-Brau buckets & coupler. Werk-Brau only sells thru their dealers, & they make most of the buckets for Kubota. They are in Ohio, & they make quality stuff. I have a 24" trench bucket with Esco Ultralok teeth, a 48" ditch/grading bucket, & a ripper on order. They all will fit up to my KLAC quick coupler, which also comes from Werk-Brau. I like the Klac, because it maintains the original tip radius & breakout force, requires a cab dismount only to uncouple, uses no bolts or pins that can be lost, & is self adjusting. It does require one custom tool for the uncouple, but that comes with the coupler & is about 2' long, so it's near impossible to lose or misplace it. BTW, what 9 ton ex are you looking at??

  3. #3tkoden2015-06-11 21:47

    We are looking at a Takeuchi TB290 mainly because it will climb a 1:1 slope and still has power left over. The dealer only carries TAG stuff so I just want to make sure it will hold up.

  4. #4StumpyWally2015-06-12 09:20

    If I were looking to replace my ex, I would definitely look at a TB290, so I applaud your choice. Spec wise, at least, it looks like a winner. You may be interested in my thread: You may also be interested in one of my other threads: From your comment on the 1:1 slope climbing ability, I take it you have at least demoed a TB290?? What are some of your other hands-on comments about that machine vs. others you may have tried or run??

  5. #5Dirt Dynasty2015-07-05 13:25

    Tag MFG. are some good buckets. We use them & Werk-Brau, depending on who has available stock. They make everything in Chatanooga, TN. Really easy folks to deal with.

  6. #6tkoden2016-04-09 23:34

    Just wanted to update this thread. So far the buckets have been great. We opted for the high capacity buckets and the machine handles them great. The buckets are extremely stout and handle everything we throw at them. The 36" bucket heaped with wet dirt and at full reach over the side of the machine the tractor gets a little light but handles it with no problem.