Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Tak or Cat ?

cat943 · 2010-11-28 02:59

Hi all after getting the skid steer loader I have now turned my attention the brand and size of excavators I will be buying in the near future. I have shorted my list to 3 machines of the 3-t range. The excavators I have in mind are a tak TB23R and a tak TB128FR also the cat 303c. So to my question what are the pros and cons of cat over tak? In some ways I would like to buy the cat as getting parts for both the skid and excavator from the one place has advantage of one stop shopping for parts n service what do you lot think ?

Replies2
  1. #1KSSS2010-11-28 12:46

    All you need to do is spend a day on the TB/FR series excavator to make up your mind. The abilities of the side to side boom are incredible and no doubt a money maker. I am on my second TB153FR. It will spoil you from owning anything else.

  2. #2cat9432011-06-06 06:07

    Hi all well I finally got around to getting my excavator a cat 303c cr the reason for the cat was the budget that I had to play with not enough $$ for a tb128fr and a plus is now I have to 2 cats and only one place to get parts…