Was walking across my site and found one of the metal bars that are embedded in the tracks laying on the ground. Walked over to the machine and noticed 2 had fallen out. The tracks only have 450 hours on them but they are 4-5 years old (machine sits a lot as it's used mostly to work on my quad track) Anyway, how long before I'm totally screwed is my question. I would imagine theyll all start coming out soon Any input would be great. Thx
Is it the flat pads the rollers roll on ? If is, better plan on replacing them ASAP. That's has happened to me with the old Solid Deal brand tracks. Makes for a rough ride !
Yup. That's exactly it. Really disappointed because the tracks look brand new. Any recommendations on replacement tracks? Or just get the original ones?
After that snafu I bought Mclaren tracks. Best money spent. It's time to buy more. Btw. Quicktrax has some good deals too !
I had a similar problem bought a machine with brand new McLaren tracks [gehl ctl 70] put 400 hrs on them, turned out to be total junk they totally gernaded I would take them if they were free. spend the extra and get oem or the next closest thing, its well worth it in the long run
I'm running ITR tracks. Very reasonable. Got three TL150s. Ever since the switch to ITRs, I have eliminated all of my rubber track issues. OEM's (bridgestone), as you have found out, will **** out "cleat" bars, and then if they do stay in, the cords will break. Oem's last, on average, 700hrs. I've got ITRs with over 2000 hrs. They're near bald, but trouble free.
Thanks for the info. Do you replace the tracks yourself? If so how bard is it?
Stack lumber under the rear corners of the main underbelly of the machine, and, with a bucket firmly attached to the coupler, lift the front completely of the ground, by tilting the bucket all the way down, then driving the boom down, 'til there is about two inches clearance under the rear idlers. Remove the adjuster cover and loosen the "whole" grease fitting (7/8" or 3/4", IIRC), then place a 1" diameter pipe between two cleats above or below the front idler, and "slowly" advance (or reverse) the track until the idler is fully collapsed........