Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takes a lickin but keeps on tickin

radd16 ยท 2006-12-04 20:32

E215 New Holland

Replies17
  1. #1Countryboy2006-12-04 20:40

    Alright, wheres the story?

  2. #2dayexco2006-12-04 20:55

    ouch, last i heard, excavator cabs were runnin 13k

  3. #3digger242j2006-12-04 21:39

    Yeah, but pointy headed operators are a dime a dozen...

  4. #4Ford LT-90002006-12-04 23:38

    Its one of the reasons why we have cab guarding on most excavators it adds second layer of protection for the operator and the cab doesn't get crushed like that.

  5. #5digger242j2006-12-05 00:49

    I've had second thoughts about my post above. I don't know, but somebody could've been seriously hurt in that. I sure hope not....

  6. #6Jeff D.2006-12-05 01:00

    You mean I'm not the only one who does that?! Yup, I hope no-one got hurt too. As expensive as it is, that cab could be insignificant compared to the cost of a person.

  7. #7Mike J2006-12-05 01:58

    Guess they rolled it. It is a wonder that the cabs are not made stronger on excavators, most other equipment has a pretty hefty cage around the opporator.

  8. #8CascadeScaper2006-12-05 02:36

    I'm betting another excavator swung and hit him.

  9. #9radd162006-12-05 09:12

    I don't know the whole story or if the operator was hurt. The dirt gave way under one side of the tracks and the machine rolled onto its side while working on stock tank. So far the bill is up to $28000 for repairs. The cab was $15000 plus misc. parts inside and door panels on the outside, and don't forget the labor. :crying

  10. #10NHDealer2006-12-05 19:09

    If you need help finding a cab let me know. There is a dealer in Oregon that does custom rigging for Kobelco. The SK210 cab should be a direct match. They pull off existing cabs and outfit with custom setups for demo/long reach shovel etc.

  11. #11radd162006-12-05 20:10

    Thanks for the help, but we already have a new cab. I work for a New Holland dealership. It might have been worth looking into a pull of cab. This machine only had 683hrs when this damage was done. My company wanted the machine put back like new and insurance from the customer is covering the bill.

  12. #12dayexco2006-12-05 20:17

    rule #1...never dig parallel with your work, always perpindicular....gives you somewhat of a chance to get away from the problem.

  13. #13Wulf2006-12-05 21:48

    http://www.komatsu.co.uk/ne_dash8_spacecab.asp Komatsu's new -8 excavator cab is bigger and 9 times stronger than their previous -7 model. Incidents like the rollover on the NH could make you glad of that one day.

  14. #14farmboy95102009-02-21 18:27

    ouch

  15. #15Iron Horse2009-02-21 18:36

    They will need to drop the sump and check the big ends and mains as it could have sucked air on it's side .

  16. #16thejdman042009-02-21 18:38

    ouch

  17. #17lgammon2009-02-22 23:40

    i agree that they need to do somthing about these cabs i slid a 312b of our tilt top trailer and the cab folded up just like that, i walked away but it left a sick feeling in my stomache when we turn the machine right side up and saw the cab