Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi 135 Spring Cleaning & Upgrades

atgreene ยท 2007-03-14 18:15

I've been promising some of you guys some pics for quite some time of the modifications that I have made to my 135. Being that yesterday and today were unseasonably warm, here's a few pics for ya. I degreased the entire machine with the steam cleaner, then wiped down the cab with alcohol (air brake stuff, of course, not the good stuff ointhead ) and moved to brake clean for the stick and thumb. For you guys who get all stemmy about fresh painted machine, I repainted the bucket and thumb (3 more buckets to go) then touched up paint as needed and waxed the entire machine:Banghead .

Replies14
  1. #1atgreene2007-03-14 18:19

    Here's the blade extensions we did last year, got tired of the blade being the same width as the tracks. Rocks and material was always sliding into the track frame.

  2. #2biggixxerjim2007-03-14 18:40

    Looks good :thumbsup

  3. #3atgreene2007-03-14 18:44

    That's hard ox we used for the cutting edge, shaves the tops of rocks clean off! Here's the hitch that we made. The two bolts come out and this goes right there. The nuts are welded to the underside to make it easy. Great for moving the trailer around on a jobsite or using a small dump trailer to move material in and out of places a truck can't go. The plates over the ram were built so rocks and debris don't set there and stop your swing dead in it's tracks. I used to hate having material spill over the blade and have to clean it off and pry out rocks so they didn't hit the underside of the machine when you swing. And one of the LED warning lights. They were also installed last year, I need to do 3 more to finish it up. I do a lot of roadside work and found that they help slow traffic, or as much as can be expected.

  4. #4CM19952007-03-14 19:04

    :thumbsup Man that is one tricked out mini-hoe! I like the modifications especially the hitch. When can I order one.

  5. #5345cl2007-03-14 19:11

    nice job very smart idea for the hitch you should patent the idea!!lol and put some flames on the side

  6. #6atgreene2007-03-14 19:14

    My welding guy and I wondered if anyone would want to do something similar. The interior is my project for Fri. It's a mess, between broken windows and letting my father use it for a month, it needs a serious hoeing out.

  7. #7murray832007-03-14 19:29

    Now if only you could get you favourite song to play when you press the horn button like the General Lee lol,maybe that can be the next edition of pimp my hoe.

  8. #8equipment fan2007-03-14 19:50

    Hi atgreene,i like the modification of your tackeuchi,especially the blade,the yellow bucket and the LEDlights.Thats definitly a very COOL:cool2 mini excavator.I would like top buy one!!!where i can find this??? :thumbsup good upgrades man:thumbsup

  9. #9tylermckee2007-03-14 20:14

    I like the hitch idea it would be great dragging around trailer with your material in it. I could really use something like that right now for our hyundai 55, we widened a road and added curb and sidewalk and it would be great for filling back along the back of the sidewalk and spreading topsoil.

  10. #10atgreene2007-03-14 21:03

    Incidently, I bought the machine new 20 months ago and it now has 1000.3 hours. As far as a horn, I'm thinking a Federal Q siren would be more to my likeing.

  11. #11345cl2007-03-14 21:17

    thats a classic:lmao good one!!

  12. #12Countryboy2007-03-15 01:03

    It's nice to see somebody take the time to do some cosmetic maintenance to their equipment. I'm sure it goes a long way with the customer. :yup

  13. #13CM19952007-03-15 09:30

    :lmao I know the feeling - can't tell Dad no, just pick up the pieces and put it back together when he brings it back.

  14. #14Cat 385C LRE2007-03-21 12:02

    Looks Good, Great Job