Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi compact excavator

Jf51084 ยท 2016-02-11 20:55

Hello I am shopping mini excavators and I came across one at an auction and I have a few questions, 1. Is it common for these things to be sold without titles? 2. What can I do to pinpoint the year of production. It's a Takeuchi TB 020 , thanks in advance

Replies2
  1. #1lantraxco2016-02-12 00:41

    Depends on the state, here in Oregon unless it's licensed to operate on highway, there is no title, only a bill of sale like buying a lawnmower. Something called a UCC filing is common, and if you finance a piece of equipment the lender will demand one to secure their lien on it. Does the year matter? Condition and hours are the two most important things to look for. Good luck.

  2. #2Jf510842016-02-12 09:21

    Hello it's got 2700 hours and runs and operates 100%, what is a good price ?