Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi door handle replacement

a5t1 ยท 2018-05-07 08:27

Good morning all, I'm slowing repairing the new-to-me TB53FR. I do have all the manuals, however, I don't see how the outside door handle is supposed to actuate the assembly. Has anyone else had to replace one? Am I missing something on my door assembly?

Replies6
  1. #1heymccall2018-05-07 10:55

    2 rods...one to lock barrel. One to handle.

  2. #2a5t12018-05-07 11:05

    Right, got that - thanks. However, look at the outside door handle. It seems part #4 should catch the rod some how - when assembled it doesn't. I'll take a few closer, updated pictures tonight.

  3. #3heymccall2018-05-07 19:50

    My mistake. Tore open door today. #4 pushes zinc colored square on control assy.

  4. #4heymccall2018-05-07 19:52

    One rod is lock cylinder to control assy. Other rod is control assy to latch.

  5. #5a5t12018-05-08 09:08

    Thanks a lot for those pictures, that answers my question. My door lock assembly (part 7) is missing the arm that the handle (4 and 13) contacts to open the assembly. one more order should get the door working. Thanks all, appreciate it!

  6. #6a5t12018-05-11 19:47

    You can see on the old one which piece was missing. Hope this helps someone else.