Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi engines

TF Pace ยท 2018-06-23 00:48

When did Takeuchi leave Isuzu and go to Kubota and Yanmar engines for their CTL's ? I really like these machines but would like a non catalytic machine. What year machines do I need to focus on? I have been told to steer clear of Isuzu machines. This loader will be a farm machine. We have a '98 New Holland 885 and I am wanting to get away from the track over wheel system. Thanks, Tom

Replies4
  1. #1heymccall2018-06-23 06:07

    Different models, different engine manufacturer. What ctl models you looking at? My TL150 machines all has Yanmar engines.

  2. #2TF Pace2018-06-23 06:35

    Thank you for the reply. Does the your Yanmar have any pollution control devices on it?

  3. #3PeterG2018-06-23 21:41

    My TL130 also has a Yanamar motor. Look for machines in the 2005-2012 or so. As soon as they went to Tier 4, they changed the layout look

  4. #4Mark132018-06-26 21:25

    I have a 2010 TL230 with a Yanmar. It only has egr for emissions control parts.