Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi excavator tb153fr shutting down

william mackey · 2021-04-27 07:44

I know there's multiple questions on the tak tb153 shutting down but my issue sounds a bit different from all Ive read. In my case the machine starts and runs fine but when it stalls after warmup it will start again immediately if I turn the ignition to the off position first otherwise it just turns over with no start. this machine like most taks runs hot by the temp gauge but really only hits about 185 f i think at the warmest spots. all sensors are new as I just rebuilt the engine. any help would be great not very productive having to constantly restart every 20 - 60 seconds.

Replies10
  1. #1Vetech632021-04-27 07:59

    It sounds like something is out of range. Any codes displayed? When you turn the ignition completely off its resetting the system

  2. #2heymccall2021-04-27 08:54

    The crank, no start, after stall, because you just turn from run to crank, is normal. You must key off after stalling, then key on, then crank, in order for the fuel solenoid pull-in coil to activate. When it stalls... Like someone flipped a switch? Any warning lamps blinking? Do all lamps, in dash, illuminate (self-test) at key on, especially prior to restart? Stalls after warmup? (Please clarify)

  3. #3heymccall2021-04-27 11:56

    Every 20 seconds? Try this...unplug the water level sensor in the top radiator hose. Then, ground the chassis side of the connection. This will effectively take the water level sensor out of the engine protection (safety shutdown) circuit. I have that sensor bypassed on almost all of my Takeuchis.

  4. #4william mackey2021-04-27 21:14

    all lights light up when key is turned on and all go off after started and yes it shuts down like someone turned the key off the engine temp gauge runs at the red and some times over heat warning goes off but if you idle it about 3/4 the warning goes off. and the unit is not overheating. all fluids are topped off and where they should be. I will try the water sensor trick just to see if that works

  5. #5william mackey2021-04-27 21:16

    and no codes its not a digital display, and thank you for your help

  6. #6suladas2021-04-28 01:45

    Have that issue with mine from time to time too, it's definitely something to check. I am surprised everyone says they run warm, mine will never go above the center of the gauge.

  7. #7thepumpguysc2021-04-28 02:06

    How about a “low oil” sensor.??

  8. #8thepumpguysc2021-04-28 02:08

    I’m not sure if that shut down solenoid has 1, 2 or 3 wires going to it.. please specify..

  9. #9doublewide2021-04-28 05:14

    Mine never runs warm. Always on the low side of normal range.

  10. #10Mobilewrench2021-04-28 05:26

    I am weighing in with the pumpguy. If the fuel shut off solenoid has three wires then the machine has separate circuits for pull and hold. I would be seriously looking at the hold circuit. But, I have seen an awful lot of this problem solved by replacing the coolant temp switches on the thermostat housing. First thing I would do is unplug the coolant sensors and see what happens.