Anyone know if Takeuchi keys are all the same? I've only got one and would like to have a copy. Thanks
They are the same. Order from eBay or Amazon they are much cheaper than the dealership. John
Thank you John. That's what I'll do.
Or go to a good local hardware store that makes keys, they should have a blank that will work. That's what I do anyway, I can probably get the number of the blank if you'd like it
I think I'll try getting a copy made before I try to order one. I'll let you know if I need the key blank number. Thank you.
In my experience, Takeuchi and Kobelco keys are the same, and I also have one that somebody picked up at the Takeuchi dealer that says Kawasaki on it. My recollection is that the parts man said they were cheaper than the same key from Takeuchi. Also, we did get copies of the Kobelco key made at the hardware store. I think they said it was the same blank that was used for some older Chrysler cars.
Emded up checking locally at a locksmith. He said it resembles a Toyota key blank. Had one made up and it works perfectly. I hung the extra one back inside the rear right side arm tower on one of them wire loom metal tabs so I can grab it and open cap for refueling without having to remove ignition key. Thanks for all your help.