Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

takeuchi starting problems

dwolfe ยท 2013-03-09 22:39

I bought a takeuchi 140 skid steer about 6 months ago. Haven't used it much now that is cold. But when I start it, it will run for about 15 sec then oil light comes on and the engine dies. After about 10 or 15 times of this it will stay running. Its has 15-40 oil in it. Is this common? What do you guys think is going Thanks David Wolfe

Replies3
  1. #1Ultimateshrub2013-03-10 09:34

    Hi David I have had this issue with several of my machines (not just the Tak's) and it almost always comes down to poor fuel. Typically this happens in the winter (I live in Canada) and my solution is too add a good quality diesel additive, leave it sit for an hour or so and the problem disappears. My guys are supposed to add the conditioner every time they fill up but obviously it is sometimes forgotten. My favorite conditioner is 'Sea Foam' and I add a 500ml can to every tank. This will reduce (even eliminate) the engine 'shudder' you are probably experiencing also. Good luck and let us know how it works out.

  2. #2dwolfe2013-03-10 16:52

    Thanks for your response I did add power service fuel additve this fall and I haven't used this tank of fuel yet. I try not to put any fuel in for cans, I will load my machine on trailer and take to gas station. The fuel probable wasn't weather grade fuel. Also I have to turn key off and back on, I guess to reset some thing?

  3. #3cartzblown94z2013-03-10 22:45

    There's a bypass harness on the bottom of the back door. Blue plug and yellow plug. I think it's e yellow plug that bypasses that Trying plugging it in and if it stays running and the light goes out. My tl130 does it time to time and I just left the bypass plugged in. The flashing light on the console always goes out after a min or so max if it stays flashing at all.