Looked at some of the prior posts and it appears that the lock out and two speed solenoid valves are the same except for the connectors and part numbers, is this correct? and if so I think I should be able to swap them around to help with troubleshooting. Does this sound right? Thanks, Patrick
You could simply ohm them. Both are same resistance. You could activate them, listening for click. You could see if they're magnetized when powered. You could apply your own 12 volt.
I replaced both solenoid valves, now the hydraulics will only come on when the high speed (jackrabbit) switch is activated, once it is on all seems to be ok. I realize this is not correct and will investigate more later. It's gotten cold here so have put the machine away until Spring. I do not have a hydraulic schematic for the machine, need one, any suggestions, Merry Christmas to all.
You transposed the wiring to them.
So to correct this error all I have to do is switch the coil wiring from one to the other, is that right? The wiring is set up with different plugs for each valve, so if the valves themselves are the same the only difference is which switch feeds which valve, that right?
If I had a penny every time customers do this when I tell them to swap coils over...... You are correct, wiring has to stay in original position, only coils need to be swapped. If they are different connectors, you need to cut them off and recconnect as per you needs.
Thanks for the reply and information, will do as you said and see how it goes, (In the Spring) Patrick