Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Takeuchi TB 25 Not starting, a dumbass forgets to put engine oil in the motor

kateshitty ยท 2024-02-05 08:44

Hey guys, to give you a little backstory: I've been excavating a pond to put some trout in it so I could feed my huge apetite, and my huge obsession with fishing. Recently, by that I mean 6 months ago, my excavator gave out. Before that it would run for 1 hour and shut off, but not without smoking like a motherf***er right before shutdown. After looking around, I realized that, being the dumbass that I am, forgot to check the oil before starting the work. It was empty. I filled it up, and the machine did not start, even after checking the fuel filter and re-charging the battery. It does crank, and I can hear the heating coil thingy turn on, but it won't catch. I have no idea where the spark plugs are, or if they are even in the engine, I don't really understand it. The spark plugs would've been the first thing I'd check. Anything you guys might suggest me I can do, I'm not that good of a mechanic but I got basic tools Here's a picture of the model I got, it's the same make and model, but mine is rusty and the cab is gone (don't ask why, I don't know myself) I hope you guys can help me, spring is coming soon and I'm hoping to finish the pond within 2 or 3 months. Thank you very much for reading.

Replies3
  1. #1Acoals2024-02-05 09:21

    I assume that your machine runs on diesel fuel? Diesel engines do not use spark to ignite the fuel/air mixture.

  2. #2kateshitty2024-02-05 09:42

    Yes, it runs on Diesel. I put the cheaper "red" diesel that I got from my landlord. Thanks for the clarification, I was very confused with the compression engine articles I saw on the internet.

  3. #3Buckethead2024-03-17 09:06

    I would call a Takeuchi dealer.