Hello, my accelerator lever is moving but the cable (item 4, called "wire") is just munching up instead of moving. Have released both ends (photo shows engine bay end) and lifted them vertical and poured Plusgas in. Tomorrow I will reattach the end at the driver's end and attempt to move the cable. I've learned that Takeuchi does not sell the inner wire separately from the sheathing, and it costs £100+ And I do not see how to remove the cable -- it just disappears down behind the battery recess and disappears to resurface in the engine bay. The manual is of course useless. So any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.
Dont know how to edit my entry (other than the thread title) so adding hete: Maybe try to shove a guitar string down.. Maybe try to trap the wire in a drill and spin it...
This will probably not excite anyone, but in case someone wants to know how to replace the cable I can tell them. For free. With pictures!
Im excited, really. Having done replaced a TB53FR throttle cable, I can only imagine that a TB016 is more fun. You know, 10 lb of crap in a 3 lb can.
Your metaphor is, well, it would require another metaphor to describe the effect. What I omitted to say was how long it took: well from September 2024 to now, March 2026. In the end ChatGPT helped more than forums, experts at etc. BUT it is now driving me nuts going round in circles trying to remove engine cover/cowling. Facebook just removed an hour's work of describing the problem so I'm just going to paste a screenshot.
Except I've forgotten how to post a question so will chuck the failed FB question here (it can't be c&p'ed so jus scshot.